Whistle tips or drip tips for KR808 cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I've just begun refilling the cartos that came with my starter kit and inadvertently destroyed a couple of the plastic cap end pieces while removing them (along with the inner rubber stopper) for cleaning the cartos prior to refilling. My question is, can I replace the those end caps with something else and if so, do I still need to use the little inner rubber stopper? And IF there is a replacement that I can use, is there a specific tip I need to get that will fit these particular cartos (the prefilled ones that come with the starter kit)? Obviously SmokeTip (where I bought my starter kit) does not offer any type of blank cartos or different tips, nor have I seen any info about this on their site, because they would prefer that you just continue to order the prefilled cartos from them. I really don't like the idea of putting my mouth around the end of the carto without a protective covering.....so veterans, what's the scoop?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
on KR8 I use a black delrin driptip from Vapor4Life (meant for KR8 cartos - nice and sturdy) and I also found that my LiteCigUSA.net clear colored plastic 510/901 driptip works great in KR8 cartos too (good because it sort of sucked as a drip tip - juice would get stuck in it) - it has a nice texture and feels great on the carto and looks good too. LiteCig's shipping is cheaper - should be under $3

Last edited:

Full-Otto

Feb 19, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I was also curious about the inner ring of the 808 cartos. I have 808 carts from V2 and MVS and neither have the inner ring. Does this ring enhance any part of the process, or are they just there to help keep the juice in the filler?

They also are 50/50 soft rubber/hard plastic covers. It's good to know that the 901 driptip will work as a cover. I have saved covers from the few carts I have burned early on to replace as needed.

I was thinking about trying out the clearomizers, but I am not sure I want to buy any more 808 stuff, or save the $$ for an upgrade to a big-boy PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread