Why are petitions not getting filled ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herennow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2012
Washington
What;s the deal? No one care? Every petition I see is having trouble getting sigs!?
I just don't get this, is it really that hard? We need a way to put all these in one place.
So it's easy to find and sign.
[h=1]Prevent the FDA from regulating or banning the sale and use of electronic cigarettes, accessories and associated liquids[/h]
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...igarettes-accessories-and-associated/RQLBYRsd

daddytwigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2012
New Hampshire
Idono
We got 1500 + yesterday.thought that was pretty good
I made it my signature

Americans! Please sign this petition
"E-cigarettes and associated accessories and liquids are less hazardous than cigarettes and can reduce the risks of smoking. With the use of these devices millions have successfully reduced the use of cigarettes. Don't let the FDA deny us access to these alternatives to smoking."
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...igarettes-accessories-and-associated/RQLBYRsd

Herennow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2012
Washington
Hey, the government & big money is pushing hard! Before we know it something will have happened.
Little friggin late for us to do anything by that point. This has nothing to do with a nice or violent post, whatever.
I just would like to try to do something and I'm not sure where to start?
Either way, we need to work together. That I do know.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I signed & posted it to FB. Husband also signed. At this point...we've done all we can for now. Don't know enough people really to spread it around. If an opportunity comes up in time, we certainly will pass it along. Will do what we can. I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't more signatures, too. Not that I think it'll REALLY help, but I figure it can't hurt. And miracles can happen, so maybe it would help. I'd like to think so.

A bit depressing, considering how many people are on this site, and how many have shared in various social networks, and how many e-cig users there are (I heard on the news it's a HUGE business now...millions upon millions of $$$$) that there aren't more people at least making a show of support and signing. After all...some kids wanted a puppy and their dad said they could have one if they got one million "likes" on Facebook. Didn't even take a day for the requirement to be met. Heck....most of those people "liking" didn't even KNOW that family. But those kids are getting their dog now! (shrugs) People are strange.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Could it be many folks realize petitions are pretty much worthless? This petition will not change the course the FDA plans to take, if it got 100,000 signatures it wouldn't make a difference, I don't think a million would have an impact. This will have to be fought in the courts I am afraid.

For the record yes I signed it...I often make totally useless and futile gestures, it the John Blutarski in me coming out.

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
Most people are lazy procrastinators. They'll wait until the VERY LAST SECOND of a minute before taking action, and then they'll cry foul when things don't go their way.

The time you spent reading this, you very well could've jumped to the Petition page and signed it already.

Maybe some are tired of signing petitions that will not even get looked at? So now when the fda does what they have already decided, we can blame our fellows.

Herennow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2012
Washington
Could it be many folks realize petitions are pretty much worthless? This petition will not change the course the FDA plans to take, if it got 100,000 signatures it wouldn't make a difference, I don't think a million would have an impact. This will have to be fought in the courts I am afraid.

For the record yes I signed it...I often make totally useless and futile gestures, it the John Blutarski in me coming out.
Man that's not cool! A small percentage of people aren't going to do crap just because of what you just posted.
Neither of us know if it will do any good! Period! This Obama petition thing does seem to have some success.
He may not be your favorite president, or mine actually. But he & his administration to seem to be more responsive to the
average person. So maybe if enough people make themselves noticed, maybe someone will notice.
Until someone comes up with a better suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread