Status
Not open for further replies.

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
Try £4.76 Bob
B&H I think is £5.37

I did not see the BBC news article but a lot of people did and as we can no longer smoke inside any where but our own homes.
If you have anyone from the government coming to your home you are supposed to stop smoking for 2 hrs before the appointment time.

Smoking is also banned outside on most government land and also open air Train stations & Bus stations etc.

Anyone living in the UK who smokes is going to want to try this .

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
dang..it's amazing how much smoking regulations yall lhave over there! here in Texas, most restaurants have smoking sections, and heck, some of the convenience stores here, there are ash trays at the counter so you can go inside smoking a ciggie when you pick up your beer/cokes/smokes etc!!!!!

Try £4.76 Bob
B&H I think is £5.37

I did not see the BBC news article but a lot of people did and as we can no longer smoke inside any where but our own homes.
If you have anyone from the government coming to your home you are supposed to stop smoking for 2 hrs before the appointment time.

Smoking is also banned outside on most government land and also open air Train stations & Bus stations etc.

Anyone living in the UK who smokes is going to want to try this .

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I've been really surprised by the number of Brits who roll their own, or used to. I have never in my life met anyone who rolled their own cigarettes. Not one person. Not even on ranches.

In Florida, I can buy a pack of name brand cigs at my local tobacco store for $2.20, after taxes. But that was too high for me, so I switched to Deans Little Cigars -- roughly $1 a pack and every bit as good as any cigarette.

High prices? Nope, and low state taxes, too. It's no wonder I've also never met anyone who smokes an electronic cigarette in Florida. Too expensive, compared to the real things.

To an extent I'd say that was caused by the high taxes. At current exchange rates you'd be looking at about $9 USD for a pack of 20 in the UK. Before Sterling crashed against the dollar (and most other important currencies :rolleyes:) it would have cost about $11-12 for a pack. Smoke a pack a day, thats a significant part of most peoples income. Smoking cigarettes I reckon I would have spent about £180 a month, minimum. Smoking rollies, more like £80 at most, assuming I bought from legal sources.

Theres also a thriving and lucrative industry in tobacco smuggling in the UK. Many people go over to other countries (mainly within Europe) and load up with tobacco, which has been taxed at source, to sell in the UK. Even with a profit margin, the smugglers can significantly undercut legitamate sources. I was recently able to buy 50g packs of imported tobacco for around £4. Price of the same item in the UK - £10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread