Wickless coil troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey all wanted an easy quicker way to taste diy flavors so I YouTubed wickless coil. Watched 3 different videos and they where basically the same.
Twisted 24g then wrapped with 28g like a clapton but spread out instead of tight.
Tried this method on two igoWs one with post drilled out to fit. The second using 26g and 30g with stock post
Both worked great at .5 ohm for first 10 pulls or so then the coil would quit heating up, except near pos+ where it would turn red. After this I tested ohms and my meter would bounce from like 1-20 something.....
I tried a few more coils.
One with wrap touching one with wraps spread. Pre torched not pretorched... same results... thought it was my attys so I made a regular clapton 30g around 24g at .6 ohm it's been running fine all day with a wick in it.
The third video the guy was just using a clapton coil with no wick just fine...
Anyone make a wickless coil build with success if so what was it?
I know I can get a bridgless 510 drip atty for like 5$ online but hey I got lots and lots spare time and a spare igow
I think I'm going to try a clapton coil without a wick next 24g around 26g if I can do it with out turning a hole on my thumb lol

sig-153231.jpg

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
i didnt like the way the rba heated up superfast with the wickless coils, i'm pretty sure i also vaped a tiger coil & a mundy coil wickless also but i spent the majority of the time waiting for things to cool off, when i did it i used an rm2 on a reo which has a ceramic deck so a sat some of the coil on the deck, but yeah its a small rba that heats up fast with they builds.
Maybe you could make a coil with a mesh wick so you can burn off all the juice between flavours.
Or a nano, 9wraps of 26g, .5Ω i think it is with a tiny bit of cotton underneath, only just enough to sit the coil on, always gives a true flavour with big air intake.
i know youre doing this so you can taste test your flavours but i gotta be honest with you, i'm vaping all day on the same cotton or rayon, changing my flavour every say 30-40 drips and i dont ever taste the last flavour after the second or third hit, but i do occasionly wash rinse the DT & topcap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread