Will these batteries work with the Vamo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
I have $35 ebay bucks and figure i can get an XTR charger and batteries (if these work) for under that price. I am going to be picking up a SS Vamo from HC soon. Soshine Li ion 18650 Protected 2200mAh 3 7V Battery | eBay

They are 3.7v 18650 2200mah batteries. Still don't know if these will work with the Vamo as i think i remember seeing it requires, IMR batteries, and am not sure exactly what that is and if these batteries are that. TIA

-Thecatanddog

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i do not think these are high drain batteries, as well as the protected circuitry is not needed.
IMR batteries are high drain hybrids that have a higher amp output then regular batteries.

try this page
imr 18650 in Rechargeable Batteries | eBay

the panny and aw are the best APV batteries we can get.

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
also with the XTR charger, im fairly safe with leaving them in the charger until charged then pop the batts in a case? also what's this "DONT LET RUN BELOW 2.5v" and how do i know when/if i've done, that tried searching, just can't find a clear answer. TIA guys
and Thrasher, im sitting on 8 10ml of blueberry and 2 30ml of vapedudes liquid, should be set for a month or so :)

Thanks again Thrasher, even though that pan is only a 3.6v it's fine right? I figure it's fine if you recommended it haha. so pumped for this Vamo, going with the SS version, anyone have one or any pics?

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
yea once charged just toss em in the holder.
we should never let li batteries fully drain or they are ruined, the vamo will not let you do this it will tell you when its time for a new one.
they are all 3.7 v batts they just charge up to 4.2 and slwly drop off till 3.6 then hange there for awhile.
i have 4 of those batteries from orbtronics and if you go to the APV section you will see a ton of peeps using this same battery, they last well past a day.

Last edited:

rjeatkrconley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Hell Paso, Texas
The first battery is a button top, or nipple top. The bottom battery is a flat top battery. As long as the Vamo has the insulator at the + then either battery will work. To play it safe, get the button top battery. Much less chance of the battery shorting out...
Vape on dudes!!
Sent from my SGH-i667 using Board Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread