Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Finally some tine in the shop with the holiday break. It will eventually be a brass/zebra wood dual 18650 with a DNA40.

2014-12-24 12.09.34.jpg

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Finally some tine in the shop with the holiday break. It will eventually be a brass/zebra wood dual 18650 with a DNA40.

View attachment 398752
Looking good. If you want to share your outside to outside box dimensions that would be great. 1/4" wood thickness I assume...

Are you going to use a sled or your own contacts? Mosfet?

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I missed the brass strip in the first pic too, I thought you meant those clamps and felt sorta cheated by the title. Seeing the finished mod I feel much better about things. It's a real looker too. :)

Praise from you is high praise indeed. Love your work. Still looking forward to the antique brass door bell that will become the fire button and the brass RDA.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
It is 1/8". That is standard stuff on this side of the pond.

Unrelated to this one, I just picked up the aluminum and welding items need for the next smaller mod that will feature bagged lipos. The bending method is great, but the finished product is not as nice. I have also uploaded some button covers to shapeways to use with post buttons. I have also ordered some rods that I think will braze the brass well using the tools I have at hand.

Buttons: https://www.shapeways.com/model/2992228/button001.html?li=aeTabs though not ready for use...I have to few tweaks to do yet.

They will go on post tactile switches, such as:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DS17Q2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
1/8" wow, that is beefy. I've long decided that bending is not my strong suit. I get my brass strip from K&S engineering (stateside) and the .063 would likely suit your needs for a similar construction. I used to use the thinner stuff and double it up for strength but .063 is plenty strong enough, and easier to bend.

edit: With your buttons, don't you want the ridge on the underside of the mod so that you can install it from the inside and it never falls off?

Last edited:

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
The buttons are affixed to the post of the switch. If you wanted a more hidden look, I can see moving the lip, but I like the easier to see and use button. I got the idea from using the shell casings in the last mod and I like the effect.

Each would be easy to make with shapeways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread