Status
Not open for further replies.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I won't pretend to understand the reasoning or logic being used to continue the ban. All I know is every month they keep it they are just making sure it's EASIER for us to purchase online through smaller vendors and won't see a penny of tax revenue from it. They dropped the ball and are going to have a helluva time picking it back up.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I won't pretend to understand the reasoning or logic being used to continue the ban. All I know is every month they keep it they are just making sure it's EASIER for us to purchase online through smaller vendors and won't see a penny of tax revenue from it. They dropped the ball and are going to have a helluva time picking it back up.

Fumbling in the end zone is dangerous.

cwolfman13

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2012
New Mexico
I fully intend to ween myself off nicotine completely. I started at 18MG and that's where I'm currently at...I first and foremost wanted to give myself a fighting chance to get off the cigs. My plan (which is in writing to my wife) is to go to 12MG after 8 weeks...6 MG after 6 weeks and then zero after 4 weeks. So in total, 18 weeks to ween myself from the nicotine. I not only want to stop the habit, I also want to eliminate my addiction.

Once I'm down to zero, we'll see....I may not even feel the need to vape anymore....or I may just vape when I'm feeling edgy or I'm drinking and doing some BBQ or something....or I may just be a vaper...but I sure as hell will never be going back to analogs, even if PVs were banned. My wife and kids are counting on me and I don't intend to let them down. My 2.5 year old's comments that, "dad isn't disgusting anymore" are more than enough motivation for me. Who wants their kid thinking you're disgusting?

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
I'd like to say no, but NEVER is a long time. And, I personally quit smoking cold turkey and stayed off cigs for 8 years....then one day.....
But, my plan is to get to 0 nic and then try to wean myself off of vaping and if possible (legal) if I ever feel the urge to have a cig, I hope I would fall back to a vape, if at all.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Only with a gun to my head. Literately.
I had two batterys with problems one nigh early on. I had a choice of smoke my nasty cigars or go to bed and get a battery in the morning to tid me over. I went to bed. Just gave away $30 worth of cigars to a friend who smokes them. Don't miss them I retasked my humador. View attachment 141486
I don't even want them in the house much less in my mouth. I still vape near the smokers and it bothers me. I hate that smell now. So no.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Rebuildable atomizers. They aren't going to ban wire and wick so we're OK for basically ever. I've already gone no-nic juice. Batteries will still be there. So really, I don't see what they could ban except nicotine. And I bet if most of you got a good juice you'd be OK even without the nic in it.
I don't want to stop using nicotine.
Not now, not ever.

I am in it for what I perceive to be the health benefits of using nicotine.
And as long as my heart is in great shape, and my blood pressure is excellent, I have no intention of stopping.

They have no more right to take away my nicotine then they do to take away caffeine.
But maybe once caffeine drinkers are as demonized as nicotine users, perhaps they will do that too.

lrage

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Florida
I don't want to stop using nicotine.
Not now, not ever.

I am in it for what I perceive to be the health benefits of using nicotine.
And as long as my heart is in great shape, and my blood pressure is excellent, I have no intention of stopping.

They have no more right to take away my nicotine then they do to take away caffeine.
But maybe once caffeine drinkers are as demonized as nicotine users, perhaps they will do that too.

Nicotine has some negative health applications as well.

However, you've confused me with a congressman looking to ban it. I mentioned what we could do if they banned ecigs. A lot of us, without these things, would smoke. And I just mentioned they'd have a hard time getting rid of non-nicotine systems and that most of us could use them just fine without having to go back to smoking.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Would you ever go back to smoking?

Just right before they put the blindfold on me prior to my rifle squad execution for circumventing the BVD (Bureau of Vaping Denial) presidential executive order banning all vaping...
RIP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread