Yearly lung function tests (first since vaping) - good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
I am almost at one year of vaping (10/24/2014 will be one year) and just got my annual check up at my allergist where I did a digital Spirograph/Lung Function Test. When I had it last year, I had not yet quit cigarettes. My real age was 33 at the time and my lung age was 43. Today's test was much better, I'm 34 now obviously but my lung age is "< 34" and all of my averages are up across the board. I have definitely felt better over the last 6-10 months once all the .... cleared out of my lungs but now I have verifiable proof that my lungs do appreciate vaping moreso than smoking. Happy day!

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Outstanding. We've only been analog free for 5 months and I've got an appointment on the 14th. and hoping for some improvement. Started feeling the financial savings over the last couple of months lol no more $240 a month for analogs. All we do now is buy juice,and bvc's, cotton and kenthal as needed.

My journey has been so much fun and so educational, I don't know where to start. All I can say is on October 24th, 2013, I had a non-VV EGO battery and three CE4 clearomizers, with poorly-made e-liquid from a local tobacco shop. Today I run anywhere from .29 to 1.6 ohm RDAs and RBAs with more mech and regulated mods than I can shake a stick at and also am now DIY'ing my own liquid. I am my own vape shop these days, basically. Feels good!

The Cloud Minder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I am almost at one year of vaping (10/24/2014 will be one year) and just got my annual check up at my allergist where I did a digital Spirograph/Lung Function Test. When I had it last year, I had not yet quit cigarettes. My real age was 33 at the time and my lung age was 43. Today's test was much better, I'm 34 now obviously but my lung age is "< 34" and all of my averages are up across the board. I have definitely felt better over the last 6-10 months once all the .... cleared out of my lungs but now I have verifiable proof that my lungs do appreciate vaping moreso than smoking. Happy day!

Last year when I was still smoking, my doctor thought it would be funny to send me off for a lung function test to scare me away from smoking.

It backfired big time.

I got my results, I came in better than 97% ... of NON SMOKERS.

25+ years of playing the saxophone will do that for you

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Last year when I was still smoking, my doctor thought it would be funny to send me off for a lung function test to scare me away from smoking.

It backfired big time.

I got my results, I came in better than 97% ... of NON SMOKERS.

25+ years of playing the saxophone will do that for you

That is awesome!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've posted this before, but this seems like a good time and place to repeat it...

--When I was smoking I could hold my breath for around 30 seconds
--After 12 months of vaping I could hold my breath for around 90 seconds
--After 17 months of vaping I got a Pulmonary Function test and my results were slightly better than average
--After 30 months of vaping I could hold my breath for around 110 seconds

And just for fun, here is my aforementioned Pulmonary Function test results...

Temp.jpg

Please note that the FEV1/FVC ratio is considered the best measure of lung health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread