Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
There are good and bad shops. I've had my share of both types. We have 4 shops in my area. Only 1 is what I consider a good shop. The people in that store are friendly and ask what you need, not what they want you to buy. They will stand and talk to you and are very friendly. The others are a different story. One shop has a know it all guy who thinks he's a genius at vaping, but he's not. He tries to sell you stuff you don't want. He also knows everything about the regulations. He says shops won't get hit hard at all :facepalm:. Another shop has people working there who ignore everyone except other employees. After a while they'll push higher priced items hard.

All of the shops use cheap ego clearo tanks. When I first started vaping 4 years ago I wasted a ton of money on juices bought taste testing with those only to get them home and they're nasty tasting in my tanks. You can't taste test in those clearos. They mute a lot of the flavor, even hiding the bad tastes. :eek: I started using RDAs when going to a vape shop just to get the real taste of a juice. That makes a huge difference and saves money. I make my own juices now and have been for a couple of years. I will still buy a bottle of 1 juice I really love once in a while though.

BTW I go in these shops several times a month. I've yet had one say anything about regulations unless I push the topic. It's as though they're not understanding the severity of the situation. When you explain things they shrug it off or go off on a ramble about taxes and then act like they'll survive either way. None give out information to help newbies or the uninformed about it. If I owned a vape shop I'd have posters up, give out flyers with every order and tell everyone to go send letters and emails and send them to the appropriate sites to take action. It's as though they have their heads in the sand thinking it will all go away leaving them untouched except for a tax.

I've also noticed some vape shops hire the younger, cloud blowers who have no idea about real battery safety or fitting a device to the consumer's level. These guys start vaping and the next day think they know everything. They go into the vape shops on the third day and get a job. Then they're selling new vapers sub ohm, high wattage devices. :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread