ZMAX 18650 Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

danxx6

Oct 17, 2013
Manchester
Hi Guys

I've recently purchased a ZMAX V3, my first APV, which came with some Seigeli 18650 2200mah ICR batteries. I quickly stocked up on some spares. I followed the post on the forums stating the best batteries to get and upgraded to a AW & eFest IMR 2000mah batteries. I'm charging these on a XTAR WP2II charges.

So far so good, however the battery life is starting to concern me. I charge these fully upto 4.1v, use these for a while then the ZMAX tells me low battery at around 3.7V.

Is this normal? It only seems that i'm getting somewhere around .5V worth a charge from these? It also happens on the ICR...

Thanks

Dan

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I have some generic blue IMR 2200 mAh 18650 batteries that came with my Sigelei Zmax V3. These are decent batteries. One will last me most of the day. I vape about 2ml per day

Also have Efest IMR 1100 mAh 18500s. These last me 6-8 hours each. Good batts. I vape 6.5 to 7.5 watts.

All charge to 4.2V. The Sigelei Zmax V3 will run the battery down to 3.2V before it shuts down. It gives a low batt message sometime before that happens.

danxx6

Oct 17, 2013
Manchester
Could just be me then or the ICR battery... Its my first time using the AW IMR which I ordered last week and it's been going since yesterday ish. I haven't vaped massively on my zmax as i've been out but I'm still on about 3.7v. I'll keep going and see what happens.

Haven't managed to test out my efest yet but that's next. If they are good enough i'll grab a few more as they are relatively cheap compared to the AW's

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The difference in battery life between the ICR batteries and the IMR batteries is because of chemistry.

ICR batteries will have a higher mAh rating, meaning that they will last longer per charge, however they are not a high drain battery and likely will not have enough amperage for PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) for a regulated mod to function as designed.

IMR and most hybrid batteries will have a lower mAh rating, but because they are a high drain battery they will have plenty of amperage for the buck boost circuits of a regulated mod and its PWM. This is also why if you use a Kick in a mechanical mod, the Kick manufacturers recommend using only a high drain IMR battery.

TECHNICAL - WHY HIGH DRAIN BATTERIES?

BATTERY BASICS FOR MODS: IMR OR PROTECTED ICR?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread