Metals and TC (temperature control)

TCR (Temperature Coefficient of Resistance) this is the changes in resistance that occurs in metals when heated.

Khantal (KH), the basic metal used by many, simple, but have very little TCR value, so it cannot do TC. It is used in wattage mode only.

Nickel (usually referred as NI200), has the best TCR. It should always be used only with TC as when overheated, it creates oxides that are a health hazard.

Titanium (TI), has a medium TCR. It should always be used only with TC as when overheated, it creates oxides that are a health hazard. This oxidation is more potentially hazardous than NI.

Stainless steel (SS, with multiple variants, the most common being SS316 or SS316L). It has a lower TCR value, but can work quite fine in TC. Due to it's composition, it can be used in wattage more.

Important note about SS: something that I had issues with was with small single coil RTAs (eleaf Lemo2, OBS Ace) working in TC. This was something I found to be a common issue for many. Through lots of testing and tries I finally got it and understood the issue. Metal mass, you NEED enough wire/metal for the mod to register the TCR. So if you end up with such an issue, just add as many wraps as will fit on your deck. Just don't care about the ohm range being "higher"...

Please go see my newer post about temperature control explained for more info!

Let me know if I missed something, and please go read and enjoy all my other entries as I'm building my blog, I'm trying to cover every aspect of vaping that I know about. I'll keep adding items as I think of them and have the time to write them.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Imfallen_Angel
Views
Last update

More entries in ECF Blogs

More entries from Imfallen_Angel