Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Same chip. You can get both in stainless steel (my recommendation), but the SVD telescopes, while the Vamo uses two tubes. This means they can both do 18650 and 18350 batts, but the SVD can also do 18490/500 batts. Otherwise, simple preference. They both have the same connection threading, the same number of buttons, the SVD is slightly longer, the Vamo has a slightly better button layout (imho), the display is OLED on both, but the SVD is a lefty, while the Vamo is a righty/lefty (heads up display). The SVD display is raised, the Vamo flush. Vamo has a smaller display, the SVD larger and brighter. I would give a slight edge to the SVD, but I like the look of the stainless Vamo V3 slightly better (You cannot tell by the pictures). Weight is about the same, as is heft and quality feel and appearance. The Vamo has a removeable drip well, making cleaning easier. So, it comes down to a subjective decision. Really, too close to call. The telescope is nice, for battery flexibility, the Vamo has a slightly better aerodynamic shape. I like the V3 a bit better personally. Almost a perfect APV. My two cents.

Last edited:

Megidi89

Jul 27, 2013
AZ
My SVD has been flawless and I bought one of the early ones... just saying Ive had it a while. Many folks like their Vamo also. Get an MVP and you don't have to buy batteries and chargers and will last two and a half days on a charge. Or just get it over with and buy a Provari.

I love my MVP, best investment I've made in a long time.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I have a Vamo V3. I don't feel like it is made very well and I wouldn't be happy if it was my only VV/VW device. It does work as its supposed to, I probably will not be buying another one. It is the cheapest VV/VW mod (except for maybe the iTaste VV/VW) that reads ohms and so now a lot of people are into them.

The SVD seems like it has a lot of fans out there as well, but it is a bit more pricey, so not as many people own one. Personally, I like telescoping devices because the 18500's are the kinds of batteries I like to use. They last longer than the 18350s and are not as big as the 18650s. I don't have the SVD, but I have other Innokin devices and am pretty happy with them. My vote would probably be with the SVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread