Competition: Longest functioning coil/wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Denver, CO
Here we go! Unflavored users may have a slight edge....

The person with the oldest, best looking coil and SAME cotton wick will win 5 cotton balls!!!!

Built and wicked on 2/19

IMG_20140224_162139.jpg

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
Er, I'm on my second cotton wick today. But I vape BB. That stuff is rough on the coil and wicks. However, it is the same coil from 2/16 (I remember I wrapped it real fast, cuz the Walking Dead was coming on, lol).

In the process of rewicking this afternoon:
2014-02-24 14.12.13 (450x800).jpg

Here it is 2 hours later:

2014-02-24 17.40.09 (767x800).jpg

Is there a boobie prize for shortest lasting wick/coil?

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
I have to get me some of this ceramic you speak of Raynman.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

This is where I sourced it from. http://http://sngvapor.com/RBA/Wire/XC132 I also used a #59 drill bit through the hallow part of the ceramic and wrapped the coil around both. Mount the coil and pull out the bit and you're good to go.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
View attachment 309560 - Ceramic after 3 weeks!

I do pretty much the same. I changed from 6 wrap of 30g to 8 wraps of 29g. Insert pin, wrap coil around, mount, slip out pin. Voila! Leave a little space between coil wraps unlike when I use cotton I crunch coils together. With the ceramic I leave space to hold the juice better.

ric23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
SoCal
Not thread hi-jacking as I intend to participate in this competition soon, but is it normal that I change my cotton wick almost everyday? I am using 28g micro with 8 wraps and unflavored 12mg/with some menthol. Maybe it's they way I dry burn and clean my coil? Any advice? I do notice that my cotton lasts longer on a newly built coil, but only a day on a dry-burned one.

Thanks! I can donate an extra 5 cotton balls for the top price since I kinda intruded! :toast:

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
Not thread hi-jacking as I intend to participate in this competition soon, but is it normal that I change my cotton wick almost everyday? I am using 28g micro with 8 wraps and unflavored 12mg/with some menthol. Maybe it's they way I dry burn and clean my coil? Any advice? I do notice that my cotton lasts longer on a newly built coil, but only a day on a dry-burned one.

Thanks! I can donate an extra 5 cotton balls for the top price since I kinda intruded! :toast:

I think for us that rewick daily (or more often), I'm guessing they'll want US to be the ones to pay in the cotton balls :laugh:.

BTW: I run the same coil: 28ga 8 wrap micro. Nice choice, IMHO, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread