Dry mouth with vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Yes I get it too & alot of posts in here say that they do too. People will say to keep water/drinks handy..others use mouth wash..I found that my dentist says sugar substitutes make it worse, so i drink water. There is a special mouth wash out there for dry mouth that I use too, because constant dry mouth is not good for gums & teeth. Hope that helps.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
It's normal. Drink water or tea, or something hydrating. May get some sore throat also... signs of drawing to hard on the PV or overuse. I found VG was worse on my dry mouth and throat then PG... My dry mouth went away for the most part, but I drink a lot... water during the day and beer in the evening!

Above God

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
tampa
PG and VG are desiccants, or humectants more correctly. They're hygroscopic - they "drink up" water from the air around them.

Meaning: Yes. It's normal. Hydrate more to overcome it.

this......

i get it more in the evening esp. on the way home from work basically cuz i aint had ah drink for 5/6 hours.

AllCoExPat

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
Elkton, MD
Very normal and it hasn't gone away for me either. Though it's still better than the cotton mouth I'd have after a night of chain smoking. ;-)

85% of my waking hours I'm walking around with a cup of coffee so I stay well lubricated if not really hydrated. Of course having a snus portion now and then helps with the saliva production too.

Gamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
www.Youtube.com
I have just gotten mine today and using it, I am totally in love, never thought it would this easy. I have noticed a dry mouth with it. Is this a norm and does it go away once you are use to vaping?

sorry in a hurry not reading all the posts but here is my 10cents

I suffered form dry mouth for the longest time when using the V4L carts. I then switched over to premium flavors and it vanished. I don't know what it is, but the Preme juice seemed to be different. I have yet to have a dryness problem with them, I would give them i try.

If your using a preme flavor and still getting dry mouth just go ahead and be sure to take some water with ya, Its a simple fix.

Hope that helped. Later :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
sorry in a hurry not reading all the posts but here is my 10cents

I suffered form dry mouth for the longest time when using the V4L carts. I then switched over to premium flavors and it vanished. I don't know what it is, but the Preme juice seemed to be different. I have yet to have a dryness problem with them, I would give them i try.

If your using a preme flavor and still getting dry mouth just go ahead and be sure to take some water with ya, Its a simple fix.

Hope that helped. Later :)

Makes me wonder if there isn't something in them to prevent dry mouth. It would make sense. Maybe time to hit those "premium" flavors with a little gas chromatography. What exactly is meant by premium flavor by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread