Clones:Logo or no logo?

Clones:logo or no logo?

• Logo

• No logo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo defiantly and not for style reasons, but mods should be branded, why you ask?

Answer: So they can be judged, I can create any crap quality mod and stick it out there unbranded with no logo, people buy that mod report on here and other simular places or youtube that its crap and who cares I just use the same crap parts next time and resell with a slight difference in style and ist still crap and the same people buy it again not realising my brandless product with no logo is the same crap they tried last time and I am still getting rid of it.

Giving it a logo give is a brand, now if its crap I know to reject that brand, where as decent brands can build up good reputations and mark there products with there logo with there reputations on the line.

RCHagy74

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Niverville, NY, US
No logo - Clone

Clone with logo - counterfeit

Very simplified that though. I mean really, how many ways can one really make a metal tube before similarities crop up? Or even a box mod?
Now when you copy everything right down to the logo and sell half the price or less... counterfeit (and that goes for mechs and vv/vw).

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah... A Calcified Brain is about my Worst Fear.

The Main reason I like the No Logo = Clone vs. Clone with Logo = Counterfeit is I don't really have a problem with Clones.

And see them as just a Similar Model to an Original without the Huge Mark Up that Most Originals have.

But Putting the Original OEM's Logo on a Clone, to me, is an Intent to Deceive.

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
No logo - Clone

Clone with logo - counterfeit

Very simplified that though. I mean really, how many ways can one really make a metal tube before similarities crop up? Or even a box mod?
Now when you copy everything right down to the logo and sell half the price or less... counterfeit (and that goes for mechs and vv/vw).

Not really....a more accurate description, IMHO, would be:

No logo - Clone

Clone with logo, clearly not being sold as an authentic - Replica or copy

Clone with logo being purposely and deceptively sold as an authentic - counterfeit

I'm sure your mileage will vary, but that's my take on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread