Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigers12

Jul 3, 2010
California
I spent a lot of time on this site before ordering my first E-cig about 8 months ago. All of the questions I had then were easily answered without me having to register or make a post. This site has been and still is incredibly helpful. Now that I have a bit of experience, there are a few questions I would like answered to get me to the next level. I also want to share what I have gone through so far.

My first order was through Totally Wicked. They owe my business to there professional looking website and the favorable mentions on this site. They haven't disappointed me yet. In my limited opinion, their liquids and service are premium. From another company which I can't even remember, I ordered a cheap sampler of liquids to test the many exotic flavors available. All of which ended up being poor quality and are currently sitting around unused. Their liquid wasn't thick enough and did something terrible to my throat.

My first and only E-cig is the 510 Titan, with a manual battery. A choice I don't regret. I enjoy it's discreet looks while out in public and it's durable construction. Yet I am wondering what else is out there. The battery life could be better, and I am told other models bring out a stronger flavor.
My first liquid was an 18 mg French pipe and is still a favorite. After the bad experience with a cheap supplier, I have been reluctant to try liquids from other distributors. On my second order from Totally Wicked, I decided to sample different tobacco based flavors. The cigar flavor is now another favorite of mine.

I haven't smoked a cigarette since 2007, and don't plan to smoke one again. But I have always used a nicotine product of some kind. I think I have tried them all. Snus, cigars, American dip, snuff, patches, and just recently Oliver Twists. American dip I don't plan on using again. Snus was far to addictive, but a great product. Snuff involves too much nose clogging issues, and doesn't sit well with the public. Although I would still consider it on occasion. Patches are too expensive, and don't allow for a relaxing sit down like other products do. They do give me some cool vivid dreams though. Cigars are ok, but not on a daily bases. Oliver twists are a bit too mild, yet discreet and well flavored (the original). I would be interested in trying any other products if you have a recommendation.

Questions

1. What is a good E-cig which keeps the discreet, durable form factor while improving on battery life and flavor compared to the 510?
  2. What other suppliers deliver premium quality liquids?
  3. What other flavors might I want to try? (considering I enjoy French pipe and Cigar flavor so far.)
  4. What questions do you have for me?

vikings

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Malaysia
Hey there!
As for recommending another E-cig with better battery function than a 510, have a look at the Joye Ego. It has a bigger battery and is thicker, so it might not appeal to those who want their E-cig to at least look like an analog cigarette. As for flavor, the Ego uses the 510 atomizer as well, so I guess the flavor would be pretty similar....though the Ego battery puts out more power than you average 510 battery - it's closer to 3.7V and that could improve the flavor and vapor from your 510 atty.

If you're looking for premium quality liquids with a difference, check out either Tasty Vapor or Ms T's Bakery. Both come very highly recommended and are a tad cheaper than TW.

In terms of what other flavors to try, what else do you like apart from tobacco flavors? There are just so many to choose from. If you prefer tobacco flavors, try one of the RY4 blends out there. A lot of folks swear by that :)

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
1. I would also recommend the eGo. 510 mega batteries are also an option.
2. Backwoods Brew is my personal favorite. Litecig and LibertyFlights are two others to try.
3. It's sounds like yo like tobacco flavors, so you may want to give some others like TAB (Dark Blended), Hilton, Parliament, etc. a try.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Another vote for the Ego. I have the 510 and the Ego. I priced the product specific parts in the Ego kit separately and decided that for another $10 I could just get the whole kit and have more 5 filled carts and a leatherette drawstring carry case to boot.

I get 8-10 hours on an Ego battery. I also order a mega atomizer and 5 mega carts which I use exclusively with the Ego. The Mega carts hold 26-30 drops when dry. It's absolutely a winner since you can interchange parts with the 510.

Cignot has the best prices and excellent, friendly, and responsive customer service. They also carry a wide array of eliquids. Their website is spartan, but their products and service are top notch. I like the simple way that their website is laid out. It's esay to find everything.

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Tasty Vapor does have tobacco flavors. Last page of the premium flavors.
Comes in up to 48 mg and 0 nic same flavor doublers are available makeing it very
affordable if you order a 0 nic doubler and the 48 nic same flavor and mix them to get a lower nic .
Tasty vapor also carries the Ego and 510 sets now .

Backwoods Brew does not have a website but many swear by thier juice .
You can order by going to their supplier page right here on ECF
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/94181-backwoods-brew-ordering-thread.html

Last edited:

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
I started with the 510 too.

1. I recommend the eGo or Riva (a pretty good knockoff with a better battery). The black ones are fairly discrete and don't look like a cigarette. Really, since you already have the 510, all you need to do to upgrade is to buy some eGo or Riva batteries, a cone and a new eGo charger. I got both my Ego and Riva kits from Nhaler.com which I think has better prices than Cignot, but little or no warranty. Drew did replace an eGo batt with a bad button with a Riva batt. IMO, the Riva is a (better) eGo knockoff which I would buy instead now. More powerful batt and all my 510 attys, carts and cartos are interchangeable. In retrospect, this is what I should have done instead of buying new ego and riva kits. (You get a 10% discount on your order if you use code "saveinNJ")

2. I've had good luck with eliquids from MadVapes (discount code: Strell) and from Nhaler.

3. I like mostly coffee and tobacco flavors. MadVapes has a good RY4. Nhaler's Cappuccino and Spice Bacco are my current favorites.

Side Note: I've pretty much moved away from Atty/Carts to 510 Cartomizers. I love that I don't have to refill so often and if one goes bad, I just chuck it. The eGo and Riva batts seem to do well with the "Mega Cartomizers".

Rich

Last edited:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
1. eGo / Mini-VapeStack from Madvapes
2. Many... VS, VB, TV, BWB, LiquidXpress, Alien Visions,
3. Alien Visions Havana sounds perfect for you - if you like cigars, then jump on it..., Vapor Station Frisco/Tenn/Tampa, LiquidXpress Flue Cured,
4. How have you vaped this long and not gone overboard with liquids, mods and supplies ;-) what's your secret to living so disciplined?

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
If you decide on the Joye eGo, Nicotine Nirvana has an incredible sale on them for the Fourth of July, with the discount code, $57 for a double kit. If I wasn't so stocked up on eGo parts already, I'd order.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...brate-4th-w-dual-ego-kit-57-23-delivered.html
After one year vaping and going through the RN4081 style, M401 and Joye 510, my wife and I love the eGo and plan on staying with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread