Sinless Smoke- WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Bay Area native in Medford, OR
My mother and I are both hoping to get off of cigarettes altogether (I'm on day 6 of no cigarettes) and decided to try e-cigs. We got Sinless Smoke e-cigs from a head shop yesterday, and the Sinless Smoke e-liquid came with it. We both chose the Vanilla (18mg). We charged our cigs and put the liquid in; according to my mom, we just put two drops in the cartridge (according to the directions from the guy at the shop; unfortunately, there were no instructions that came with either the cig or the drops), then gave them a try. The stuff was SO harsh, both of our throats hurt and we got headaches. Now I feel like I'm coming down with freakin' bronchitis, which may or may not be from the e-liquid, since I was feeling kinda like I was starting to fight a cold, anyway. All I know is that the stuff was AWFUL and we aren't fans :( We decided to order the 8mg Ry4 from elixirliquid.com, as this got pretty decent reviews on YouTube (whereas the Sinless Smoke got bad reviews, and the guy said that he didn't want anyone getting turned off of vaping just because this stuff is crap, so we decided to give vaping another chance with a different liquid). Since we're beginners and have had a hard time finding info on this particular e-cigarette and pretty much don't know what we're doing, any feedback is appreciated. Has anyone else tried Sinless Smoke products? Experienced bronchial irritation? Anything? We were really excited about this, but now are feeling a little discouraged.

HALP :cry:

LittleMerced

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
The bronchial irritation could be from a few things.

When I first started vaping I had a lot of problems with it and detirmined I was allergic to PG, however it seems far more likely that the juice you got wasn't very good (I don't know sinless smoke and won't remark their quality) OR that your body is reacting from detoxing from the cigs. Go to the new members forum and check out some of the symptoms. If I were you, I'd try the new juice you ordered and give it some time. If you are still having problems, try switching to VG juices.

Hope this helps, don't give up!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Headaches sounds like the nic level was higher than YOUR personal preference (headache is usually a sure sign youve taken in too much nic) and harshness could be as mentioned above, or the fact it was cheap liquid, or the fact your body isnt used to vapor without chemcials to make it feel smooth (which is what they put in cigs so you don't cough a lung every time you smoke).
PG and VG have a drying effect on your mucus membranes - you MUST drink more when you vape or you will get dried out. My first week my throat was so sore it was almost swollen shut. Im not allergic to PG btw, I just wasn't drinking enough water. These days I dont have that issue.
I doubt its soley to do with the PV you bought - its more likely a combo of things.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Welcome to the forum. Don't get discouraged. These just aren't as simple as light it, smoke it, die, like analogs. There is a learning curve but you are in the right place.

Here is a good place to start. The ECF Library - E-Cigarette Forum
It will help you identify the model of your ecig. Then there are model specific sections in the forum.

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Thank you guys so much for your replies. I really appreciate it. I'll check out the thread you suggested, and I'm not giving up just yet. I'm stubborn lol. I tend to drink a ton of water anyway, but now that I'm aware, I'll make sure I don't slack off.

We should be getting our new juices by Wednesday. In the meantime, I'm not going to smoke anything, just chew my Nicorette...just in case it's a cold or something, to allow healing time. I'm excited to try again!

Another question: Can anyone tell me where I can get flavored juices with low nic? All the good ones I've found are 18mg or higher...I'd like to find ones that go all the way down to 0, since I'd like to stop the nicotine altogether eventually. And if anyone reads this and has used Sinless Smoke, your feedback is appreciated :)

Thanks again :)

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Welcome to the forum. Don't get discouraged. These just aren't as simple as light it, smoke it, die, like analogs. There is a learning curve but you are in the right place.

Here is a good place to start. *had to remove link so I could post :p*
It will help you identify the model of your ecig. Then there are model specific sections in the forum.

Just saw this! Thank you! Gonna go check it out now.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood

Here is a good place to start. The ECF Library - E-Cigarette Forum

Once you get done there head over to the social group named ECF library annex.

Then, as you get more into it, in the different threads are sticky's, take the time to read them.

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
I have been browsing all kinds of pages on here, all are helpful. I just went to velvetvapors.com and placed an order for 10 e-liquids! It's sooo much cheaper than I expected, and I like that they're all hand-mixed, with ingredients from the US and Europe. I ordered 5 in 6mg and 5 in 0. I figure that should be helpful with weaning :) Honestly my biggest attraction is just hanging out and vaping yummy flavors, the nicotine isn't my biggest draw. Besides, my nicotine "fits" aren't that bad unless I'm around someone who's smoking, if that makes any sense. I was totally fine until I went to the mall with my mom yesterday and she blew a huge cloud of smoke right at me...then I wanted to start killing people :laugh: It was hard the rest of the day. Today, however, is not so bad. The Nicorette helps.

Now, back to browsing ;) BBL

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
We charged our cigs and put the liquid in; according to my mom, we just put two drops in the cartridge (according to the directions from the guy at the shop; unfortunately, there were no instructions that came with either the cig or the drops), then gave them a try. The stuff was SO harsh, both of our throats hurt and we got headaches.
Does your electronic cigarette have three pieces?
If so, they would be the battery, the atomizer, and the cartridge.

Some types of electronic cigarettes have only two pieces, a battery and cartomizer.
A cartomizer is a combination atomizer and cartridge, and so the cartridge doesn't come off.

So assuming a three piece model, when you put two drops in, where did you put them?
It sounds like you put them on top of the filler material in the cartridge.

Was there any liquid in the cartridge already when you put the two drops in?
If there wasn't then you were using blank cartridges, and I have an idea what went wrong.

Did you let the it sit for at least 30 seconds after connecting the cartridge to the atomizer?
If you didn't, then that might be part of the problem.

Did you just try it once, get that horrible taste, and stop without trying it again later?

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
I'm afraid to vape any more of this Sinless Smoke stuff :/ Like I said, I can't be sure that the congestion and irritation is caused by it, but I have seen other negative reviews where people had the same complaints. It sucks, because I REALLY want to vape right now. I found it really enjoyable...before today haha.

GeeYourHairSmellsTerrific

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
DC2 is right to wonder, if you put 2 drops into an empty cartrige on a 3 piece ecig you just vaped burning poly fibers of some sort. An empty would take more than that. If you're game for trying it again before the new juice comes make sure that filler material is nice and wet, plug it into the atomizer, then wait like ^ said before giving it another try.

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Does your electronic cigarette have three pieces?
Yup :)

So assuming a three piece model, when you put two drops in, where did you put them?
I opened the cartridge, turned it upside down, and dropped two drops down inside.

Was there any liquid in the cartridge already when you put the two drops in?
It appeared to be "wet," yes.

Did you let the it sit for at least 30 seconds after connecting the cartridge to the atomizer?
I...cant be sure, actually. I don't think so. I do know that I waited about 5 minutes after connecting it before I started vaping.

Did you just try it once, get that horrible taste, and stop without trying it again later?
Pretty much. I took about...oh, 8-10 hits and decided I wasn't a fan. I had my mom try some too, and she started coughing immediately. I was worried that I had put the juice in incorrectly, but she insisted that it was as the guy at the head shop directed. I'm skeptical...and a little nervous :/ She told me she could still taste the vanilla after brushing her teeth...is that normal?

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Well, it does sound like you pretty much did everything right.
So yeah, it very well could just be that the juice sucks.
:)

That actually makes me feel a lot better. I was worried that my mom and I were basically sucking nic juice through a straw :p

The reviewer on YouTube said that the juice burned his nostrils and throat, and made him feel like coughing, too.

It sucks that our first juice was a bad one. Poo. It makes me wonder...should I be concerned about the quality of the e-cigarette? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread