Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyberry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Just got my eGo-T today, but I have no idea what I'm doing (too used to my eGo). Do I punch out the little hole in the bottom of the tank to fill it? (probably a stupid question, but won't the juice flood the atty once I put the two together if I do that?) Any help would be most appreciated! Thank you!!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Just got my eGo-T today, but I have no idea what I'm doing (too used to my eGo). Do I punch out the little hole in the bottom of the tank to fill it? (probably a stupid question, but won't the juice flood the atty once I put the two together if I do that?) Any help would be most appreciated! Thank you!!

Yes, put the tank on the atty and it punches a hole. You might have to open it a little more with a paper clip. Either pry off the top, or if you have a syringe fill it with juice. The juice won't leak out, it creates some sort of a vacuum. You'll see when you fill it and hold it upside down.

Good luck! Make sure to prime the atty. Lots of gunk on it.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Slide your fingernail on the flat side of the plastic tank, the end pops off and you can fill it that way. No need to puncture it, the spike inside the atty will do that. You can rinse the tanks out and reuse them too. They don't leak, but if you carry spares with you, save the rubber caps (condoms) to cover them just in case.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Slide your fingernail on the flat side of the plastic tank, the end pops off and you can fill it that way. No need to puncture it, the spike inside the atty will do that. You can rinse the tanks out and reuse them too. They don't leak, but if you carry spares with you, save the rubber caps (condoms) to cover them just in case.

I was in your neck of the woods today. Took my mom to a doctors visit at Univ of Pa.

And, I got on the interstate and realized I FORGOT MY PV!!!

hollyberry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Ok, I tried to fill up several tanks and ended up making a huge mess!!!

In the first one that I tried to fill, I popped the top off and started to add juice, but the juice got stuck at that 2nd little plastic thing with the hole in it and wouldn't drip any further.

So, I tried taking that 2nd piece out and filling it that way, and ended up with juice all over the place (everywhere but the tank).

With the third one, I thought it might help if I put the tank in the atty first before filling it. Again, juice everywhere!!

Help!! What am I doing wrong? :(

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
If you hold the mouthpiece in your hand, the other end is clear. There's a top on that and it comes off. Take off that little end piece. Now it's like a little cup. Squeeze some juice in, but not all the way to the very top. Replace that little cap. Then stick the mouthpiece with the filled tank onto the atty. You should hear a snap when you press it in place. Take it off to check to see if it's punctured.

butt_ugly

Jan 20, 2011
pennsylvania
In most aspects the first setup of a new of eGo-T tank is pretty failure proof. Just press the new tank into the atty until it completely seats, give the tank a twist. Fill the tank either by removing the fill cap and dripping or a syringe into the puncture hole and your'e good to go.

While I had a problem at first with the atty flooding, I got advice from the dealer how to correct the leakage problem.

The 'wick' is located inside the puncture tube and is made up of really straight and fine fibers and has some kind of 'metal' cap glued over the upper end, the lower ends of the wick fibers are in direct contact with and wets the heater inside the atty. Adjustment of the height of the wick determines whether the eGo-T floods and leaks juice or simply not enough juice gets delivered to the heater.
The end of the puncture tube is cut at an angle and sometimes the center portion of the tank's fill cap does not cleanly punch completely into the tank and the 'hanging chad' can push the wick farther down the puncture tube than where it should be and the atty will flood. Grab the wick's 'metal' cap with a suitable pair of tweezers and pull the wick back up until it is just even with the top of the puncture tube just to get it into the ball park. Also, avoid using a high pressure stream of water to wash out the atty. The wick is not real tightly gripped by the puncture tube.

While I explained too much about the wick in the last paragraph, I merely wanted to illustrate how important the wick height is.

Getting back to the new cartridge installation, I strongly suggest puncturing all the new carts you have at one time. I had a couple "hanging chads" when I prepared all my new tanks so I only had to re-adjust the wick height once. In my case my wick got pushed too far into the puncture tube so the atty flooded. After a failed attempt to hook the wick with a bent paper clip, I had to pry out the base the puncture tube is welded onto in order to push the wick back up into the puncture tube. A low wick floods the atty, a high wick does not pass enough juice so the vape is too lean, and the atty runs dry after a few puffs.

I was very disappointed with my new eGo-T atty at first but after I got the wick setting right I have to say its the lowest maintenance atty I ever owned.

'Nuff said, enjoy your new vaping device!

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Do yourself a flavor and buy a syringe. You can get one at Electronic Cigarette Kits, Eliquid by Awesome Vapor or at the local drugstore. You want one that has a large veterinary style needle that will pass think juice. It only has to hold a few milliliters but you want to be able to suck up some water to wash it out after filling a cart or tank. It's a lot easier and cleaner than popping off the bottom of the tank and putting it back on.

I keep my syringe on the window ledge behind the kitchen sink. When I fill a tank, I just pop it out of the atty, draw up about 1 ml of juice, flip the tank with the hole up and fill. Then you pop it back on and vape. I always draw up some water into the syringe (about half full), shake it a bit, and squirt it into the sink. That just keeps the syringe clean. It only takes about a minute to draw, fill, and clean the syringe. If you fill several tanks at one time, you are good for the day in one operation.

cowfodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2010
Michigan
cowfodder, thanks for the tip! That *is* a great idea! Those things are tiny.

rowdy393, I can see why people like it so much. Now if I could only get that atty primer taste to go away....yuck!!

I've noticed that the tank really does mute the flavors some, just like I've read.

re: Muted Flavors

2 options to fix this. I've found that ordering double flavor, if available, is a good idea. Also, check out one of the LR attys. Got mine yesterday, and it is incredible, especially on my passthrough. It rivals a LR 510 dripped on 5v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread