Status
Not open for further replies.

lettucehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Indiana
I'm sure others will chime in here, but from my understanding 1.6% nicotine would be equivalent to 16mg.

You can't really do a one to one comparison to analogs although you will see posts in various places that will say that 1ml liquid is equivalent to anywhere from 5-20 cigs. Many of those posts don't mention the mg of those liquids which, to me, just underline that the ratio for liquid to analogs isn't an exact science.

Personally, I used to smoke ~ 1 pack per day (or a few less) and I am a new vaper - I currently vape 24mg and go through 3-4ml per day (or even 5ml if I have an opportunity to chain vape...)

I tried 36mg liquid, but it didn't make me vape less, it just gave me palpitations from nic overdose. :oops:

I have a feeling I'd chain vape even on 0mg which is my ultimate goal.
I think it comforts me just to have the hand motion and such.

At least I know that and can work with it!
:)

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
I vaped 36mg to help me get off the nasties, and am now back to my normal 30 mg, but I wouldn't advise chain vaping either strength :) I have found though that with a good device it's pretty close to smoking. There has been some tests done which had vaping being much less efficient but they were done with gas station disposables. I vape about 1 ml of 30 mg a day, that's 30 mg total, as the amount is mg per ml. I used to smoke about 35 cigarettes a day which were well over a mg of nic each, so I'm actually getting less nic now and am fully satisfied, so that suggests it may be pretty similar.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
So let's say that I consume this disposable over the course of two weeks (believe it or not, it takes that long). How many cigarettes is that equal to over the course of two weeks in regards to nicotine?

I would like to however eventually find an e-cig with 0mg that's relatively inexpensive.

If you use the 1 - 1.5mg of nicotine per cigarette stat, and your disposable probably holds 1ml of e-liquid then you're vaping the equivalent of 10 1/2 - 16 cigarettes per disposable.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
OK.

#1... I don't know of a direct forumla for vaping nic vs smoking. In fact, IDK of a direct formula for smoking either since it varies. For example: How much you inhale if you fully inhale, how long you hold it in, light, medium, full flavor, how many puffs you take per cig, the brand and tobacco mix.....
and then to top it off, I know of some former camel unfiltered smokers that can't vape anything over 12 mg, where other light smokers vape 36 mg.

So .... don't even try to compare. Just find the nic level that is right for you. Start at 24. You can order about 1/2 as much in the same flavor but no-nic if you want to use it to cut the juice down to 18 mg. Or order the same amount 0 mg and be able to cut it to 12. Do this for say 10 or 20 ml bottles and then you can find out what works best for you and mix to whatever strength you want. If it's all the same flavor and PG/VG and only the nic is diff.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
So let's say that I consume this disposable over the course of two weeks (believe it or not, it takes that long). How many cigarettes is that equal to over the course of two weeks in regards to nicotine?

I would like to however eventually find an e-cig with 0mg that's relatively inexpensive.

I forgot to mention... if you don't want nicotine... e-juice gets dirt cheap. Particularly for DIY. DIY doesn't have to be complex. Let's say you want 80% PG, 20% VG 0mg juice in flavor X. Buy 4 parts PG, 1 part VG and some flavoring.

Put VG in 1/5th of a bottle, a couple of drops of flavoring X (may be up to 10% volume) and fill the remainder with PG. Shake. Easy. Don't make gallons at a time, you don't want to dislike the flavor or want to swich flavors after making a gallon. Just make 30 ml batches.

You can probably vape for a year on $50.00 of juice. It's the nic that gets expensive. I think I pay about $8.00 for 236.5 ml (8 oz) of PG or VG. That's a little expensive, but not bad. It's good quality. Not all VG is created equal, for example.

So 4 PG, 1 VG and a handful of flavorings = 5*8.50 = 42.50, and 7.50 left for flavorings =
1183 ml of juice not including shipping.

See the DIY section for more info http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

Last edited:

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..

Less then a pack. Probably closer to half a pack. But as others mentioned. There is no way possible to get a precise measurement. Not without being in a laboratory setting and even that would be sketchy and would represent statistics only for that particular group who was involved with the study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread