Is Blu better than NJoy NPro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbean

Oct 1, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
My husband bought the njoy NPro in our local corner store a couple of weeks ago. I loved the concept, and ordered a Blu for myself, and we have been sharing his NPro. Now of course, Blu is going to take awhile to get here, so I am considering ordering the Volcano, which I believe is the same product rebranded, for me to use until my Blu comes in. If I don't like the Volcano, I will cancel my Blu. I guess my question is, am I going to like the Volcano/Blu better than the NPro? I found the NPro to be a bit too big for my smaller hands, and the flavor is a bit weird. The vapor from the NPro has been inconsistent for me, though the amount of vapor is not that important to me. The flavor and size have been my main problems. I really want to switch from smoking to vaping as it seems like a less damaging habit. Am I going to be happier with the Blu/Volcano?:cool:

well imho I like the blu/volcano batteries a lot! and the pcc despite all the recall news. However the atomizer they use for these models runs cooler than others, so you get more flavor from your ejuice. I however prefer a good throat hit, in which case you'd need an atomizer that runs hotter. I use m801 zatomizers from litecigusa.net, they fit the blu perfectly. So a blu battery on a m801 atty and m801 carts gives me awesome vapor (a cigarette amount) and solid throat hit(though this is also dependant on which e juice you get) and a consistant vape throughout the life of the cart.
Basically if you can afford 17.00$ and trust me I'd go to litecigusa.net buy two m801 attys (don't mind the picture its the wrong one) and pack of blank carts then you'd have one hell of a ecig one you hands.

Moonbean

Oct 1, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
The Sidesho looks nice. Maybe I will order that one. I just ordered the Volcano for the hubby. We both really want to kick the analogs, but the NPro just isn't cutting it for either of us. It seems like most people on these forums try a few different PV's before they find the one they like the most. I can also order the m801atty's/carts to give that a try.

Any suggestions on juice? The hubby wants something that mimics the Marlboro lights he currently smokes, but I would like to try some of the sweet or fruity flavors. Also, are the pyramid tea bags the best thing for the carts? I see a lot of mention of them, but not anything else.

Thanks for all of the advice. We are trying to make this a successful venture, and it seems everyone on this forum is very knowledgeable. Hopefully someday soon I can be a happy vaper like all of you!

MarthaT

Moved On
Jul 23, 2009
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam
I own a blu and really am not impressed with it. But because the attys for the 510, 306, and m801 are all compatible I ordered each to test them out and see what my vaping style is. The blu is great for its charging pack but the atty is weak at best and not consistant at all. Alot of ecigs are coming out with pcc now, like the 510 and 901. Just a question for anyone did the volcano packs get recalled too since it is the same model as blu?

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I own a blu and really am not impressed with it. But because the attys for the 510, 306, and m801 are all compatible I ordered each to test them out and see what my vaping style is. The blu is great for its charging pack but the atty is weak at best and not consistant at all. Alot of ecigs are coming out with pcc now, like the 510 and 901. Just a question for anyone did the volcano packs get recalled too since it is the same model as blu?

Volcano V-Packs were not recalled, but possibly should be. All Volcano has said to date that I know of is that none of their customers have reported any problems, which, of course, doesn't mean there isn't the same lurking safety issue that eventually burned a blu customer. (blu has shipped a LOT more packs than Volcano, I have to imagine.)

I have two 306a atomizers that I've been using alongside blu ones, and really the performance difference is negligible. In fact, the ONLY difference I notice when I happen to be using a 306a atomizer is that it heats up to the "ouch" level faster. But vapor production is pretty much just the same.

Honestly, the blu atomizer is probably the best component in the e-cig. Screw it on to a 510 battery and see if you can tell the difference in vapor production between that and a 510 atomizer. Because I can't. The blu performs poorly out of the box because the cartridges don't wick liquid to the atomizer fast enough, and the battery is relatively weak so the vapor production and throat hit are throttled back. Fix the wicking problem by using better liquid and cart filler, and the blu gets LOTS better.

I don't use 510 atomizers with blu equipment because one of the main reasons I use a blu is because of the form factor. And I have the 510 PCC, and it's nowhere near as practical as blu's.

I have a Revolver Elite coming in the mail, and if anything can lure me away from the L88b, I bet it's that thing. The PCC is smaller than blu's, has a backlit LCD display to show how much charge is left, starts charging only when you press and hold a button, and shuts off automatically when the battery is charged instead of making you unscrew the charged battery to avoid power drain. The Elite is also 2 mm shorter than the L88b.

But the L88b is still such a good fit for me, I know I'll be using them for a good long while.

cassavetes

Moved On
Aug 6, 2009
Michigan
I had nothing but trouble with the Npro. Super inconsistent and the draw was nearly impossible.

If you're looking for a smaller device than the Npro, there's always the Joye 306. The draw on it compared to the Npro is night and day. Super easy and smooth. I think the length when attached to the atty and cart is around 89mm. About the size of a Marlboro Red. The only drawback is the battery life due to it's small size. I usually get about an hour of fairly moderate vaping out of mine. They make another battery which is 10mm's longer, but from my experience the battery life wasn't too much longer than the smaller version.

Last time I checked Electronicstix.com had the starter kits in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread