Some places to buy nice mechanical mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjg123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Riverside, CA
What's up fellow vapors,

I recently got into rba and I know that they work better with mechanical mods over something even as nice as a provari. So where do I find these exotic mech mods? I've looked through mod trader but the thought of getting scammed turns me off to the idea of buying on Facebook. I know there's also a service through ECF to buy mods from other users, but where do you get them from? Brand new? Reputable used? I hear it goes
silver > copper > brass > stainless steal. I'd like to know the sites to find some bad *** mods. Thanks I'm advance ECF

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Super T Manufacturing

Electronicstix

Vaperev (when they have stock)

Welcome to Atmomixani Electronic Cigarette (when they have stock)

shop | atmizoo vaping modware (usually once a week they have stuff up)

Mods | FinnVape - Sähkösavukkeet ja nikotiininesteet (again, depending on what is in stock)

The Curve

Advanced PV Kits | Buy Personalized Vaporizers Kits | PV Kits from E-Six Vapors (the good stuff is towards the bottom of the page)

Other than that, get verified on ECF. We have had coops for the EA and a bunch of things show up in the classies. Or head over to vaporwall and get on some lists

Last edited:

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
What's up fellow vapors,

I recently got into RBA and I know that they work better with mechanical mods over something even as nice as a provari. So where do I find these exotic mech mods? I've looked through mod trader but the thought of getting scammed turns me off to the idea of buying on Facebook. I know there's also a service through ECF to buy mods from other users, but where do you get them from? Brand new? Reputable used? I hear it goes
silver > copper > brass > stainless steal. I'd like to know the sites to find some bad *** mods. Thanks I'm advance ECF

You're in So Cal... We have a plethora of great Brick & Mortar shops... Plus you can actually buy what Vape Rev have, since they don't actually list store inventory on the Website.

try:
Local Vape
Vapor Labs
Vape Rev

All great shops(or chain of shops in Vapor Labs' case) who don't list the products they currently have in stock, on their websites

Last edited:

fjg123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Riverside, CA
I go to the e cig city in riverside quite often, but all they really have right now is the popular which are nice but my friend already had a problem with it and I like bottom buttons or top side not pinky.

Thanks for the links guys I'm checkin em out now.

On another note, do most mech mods have a solid pin? Like my vamo had a free floating pin and it's been messing with my RBA, not firing and what not.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
from my experience with RBAs on a mechanical, you want a floating pin...

it allows you to screw the RBA down flush, then tighten the battery tube.

If it was a fixed pin:
1. Some attys would "hover" leaving a gap
2. Others would not make contact with the pin and thus, wouldn't function.
3. A small % of Atty's would work properly and sit flush.

A mechanical is not like a Vamo... the battery holds the floating pin firm to the atty... I've never owned one, but I honestly can't even envision how a vamo would work with a floating pin.

Last edited:

fjg123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Riverside, CA
from my experience with RBAs on a mechanical, you want a floating pin...

it allows you to crew the RBA down flush, then tighten the battery tube.

If it was a fixed pin:
1. Some attys would "hover" leaving a gap
2. Others would not make contact with the pin and this wouldn't function.
3. A small % of Atty's would work properly and sit flush.

A mechanical is not like a Vamo... the battery holds the floating pin firm to the atty... I've never owned one, but I honestly can't even envision how a vamo would work with a floating pin.

Hmm the guy at e cig city said that was the major downfall of the vamo, as well as the cheaply done Chinese manufacturing of it.

Sometimes the RBA pushes the pin down too far and it gets stuck beneath an o ring which is very annoying to fix. I think with the mechanical this will happen probably less or not at all since the batt pushes against the other side from what you've told me. Have I got it right?

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Hmm the guy at e cig city said that was the major downfall of the vamo, as well as the cheaply done Chinese manufacturing of it.

Sometimes the RBA pushes the pin down too far and it gets stuck beneath an o ring which is very annoying to fix. I think with the mechanical this will happen probably less or not at all since the batt pushes against the other side from what you've told me. Have I got it right?

yes... on My NZonic for instance, the Battery is directly against the bottom of the pin and the top of the pin is sitting right against the center post of the atty.

Only way to break this connection is to unscrew the atty, or the telescopic battery tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread