Variable voltage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

msween00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Hamden, CT
Okay, so I just inherited an eGo C Twist and I'm really liking it. I remembered seeing a voltage chart so I decided to pull it up and noticed that I have the voltage pretty high compared to what the chart says (I have it at 4.2-4.4), but I'm liking the results; no burnt taste, the vapor is a little warm but I kinda like that. My question is, I have a bunch of dual coil iClear 16's which I think are 1.8ohms. My question is, is that per coil or for the tank in general? I say I think it's 1.8 because my single coil one says it, but I don't see any reading on the dual coil ones. No multimeter handy so I can't actually check.

Thanks for any input.

wattage/voltage carried from the head unit is applied and output is dependent on the resistance across the coil(s). If using a dual coil unit, both coils affect the output relative to the input. About the best way to tell is to test their resistance with a meter and gauge your adjustments from there. Dual coils should be more like 2.4-2.8... But then, their are a lot of differences in coils out there... Just be careful, VV can get you in trouble in a hurry without the ability to be sure things are running in a safe manner!!:evil:

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
wattage/voltage carried from the head unit is applied and output is dependent on the resistance across the coil(s). If using a dual coil unit, both coils affect the output relative to the input. About the best way to tell is to test their resistance with a meter and gauge your adjustments from there. Dual coils should be more like 2.4-2.8... But then, their are a lot of differences in coils out there... Just be careful, VV can get you in trouble in a hurry without the ability to be sure things are running in a safe manner!!:evil:

I am not so sure about that one, most commercially available dual coils that I have seen are around 1.5 ohm and the advertised number is usually the total resistance of the circuit not the individual coils.

The important thing to remember:

In a Parallel circuit all branches receive the full amount of voltage applied to the circuit and the current divides itself between the branches. This is what some people can't get their head around, because they don't understand that the voltage to both coils is NOT reduced. So if I build a dual coil setup, say two 3ohm coils in parallel, what I end up with is 2 coils firing at whatever voltage I apply to them. So if I would usually rock a 3ohm coil at 5v and experience great results...I simply apply 5v to my dual coil set up and have two coils both firing just like I like them at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread