Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Yeah, thanks sonic. Saw that, and hope that's not all there is. There has to be a main media partition somewhere segregated by user (or perhaps not). Xing my fingers.

Only reason I never added my content to the Gallery in vBull was that there was no way to set up Albums and assign access restrictions. Doesn't seem so here either. So external is starting to look more and more attractive.

Good luck.

:)
Actually, if you go to that media link, then on the left, click My Albums, it takes you to your albums page. Create an Album, then you can mark it so only you see it, followers see it, everyone sees it, or only specific members see it. :)
Speaking of an Easter Egg:

When I click on my name on the right in the top menu bar, it goes to a Personal Details page. At the top of that page is a message box where I can type in a Status Message of up to 140 characters. Whatever I type in that box, appears a couple of lines below my name on my Profile Page.

Is that it?
It shows on your Profile Page as well as your Member Card (when you or someone clicks on your username or avi on the left of your post. :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

When I click on my name on the right in the top menu bar, it goes to a Personal Details page. At the top of that page is a message box where I can type in a Status Message of up to 140 characters. Whatever I type in that box, appears a couple of lines below my name on my Profile Page.

Is that it?
Nope, that's not it, cuz I can do that too. Took me forever to find out where it went, but finally saw it on profile page. Didn't know it also went on the side bar when you click on avi. Now I can change it to some other than....... "Need to type sumpthin here to see where it shows up" :laugh:

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA

Is that it?

I was wondering what that status line is for. I never typed into it, because I didn't know where it would end up???

Reactions: Debadoo

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
ok, someone asked how we liked it so far and since I haven't found anywhere else that addresses the move, I hope it's ok if I post here and if not please delete this as posted in the wrong thread.

When I got on the forum, (after having to reset my password) I couldn't find anything to tell me what to do or where to go for answers to all the lovely new format thingies. No banner, no sticky in new members, no sticky in Discussion. It took me half an hour to get to a point where I could finally find this thread (don't ask me how I doubt I can find it again!). "New posts" was no help because I couldn't find my new posts until I found this thread and read how to find my new posts. Search was no help, either because I couldn't sort by date. sooo...........

Can we pretty please have a sticky that's ----prominent----- somewhere to at least explain the basics?

On the main forum page, there seems to be a lot - a lot - of white space between subforum designation on the left side and title of thread on the right side - so much so that the print is uncomfortably small.

And over on the right, under 'members online now" I can't read a single name. Glasses on, glasses off, it doesn't matter - I am - literally- 3 inches from the screen trying to read that blasted list. Not that I 'm that interested in it, but it's there, and so it's something to at least glance at and it raises my dander I can't read something on a page. It is also PAINFULLY uncomfortable to try to read that teeny tiny print in the pop-up when I click on a member's avatar to get their join date . (I already dislike this step btw)

Yes, I have a computer where I have the ability to enlarge my (20") screen, but then I wipe out the left or right hand side and, having to constantly adjust screen size - bigger to read topics, smaller to read posts, bigger to read an avatar profile quickclick, and back to smaller again to read post, is already driving me to nicotine and a bit of seas-sickness.

So, Is it doable to sacrifice some white space for a larger forum font for us old folks? At least on the home page?

Other than that, I think the software seems very feature rich for those who like and have need for those features. You guys and gals did an amazing job getting it up and running in 2 days with a pretty much seamless transition. You should be very proud.

now if I can get that basics sticky.....

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com

Is that it?

That's not it. AND they wont tell us! With respect to this MIA #2 Easter Egg, it's for Supporting Members only and seems just a tad silly not to tell us. PLEASE :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
So, Is it doable to sacrifice some white space for a larger forum font for us old folks? At least on the home page?

I held ctrl and scrolled my mouse wheel, and it made all pages in ecf larger, but also adjusted them to fit the screen size, perhaps that could help.

I think I know what the Easter egg is.....but when someone else said it on another thread, classy shhhh'd em! lol check profile and avatar options if you're a supporting member.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
check profile and avatar options if you're a supporting member.
j5GdoIZ.gif

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread