When to get new batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJClouds

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
San Jose, CA, USA
Hey I've tried searching for the answer but I couldn't find anything. I have 2 of the blue samsung 25r batteries and I'm wondering how long does one battery usually last until you need to get a new one? Do you see how many mah's it charges to until you know when to replace them? My batteries charge to around 2300 mah's right now how do I know when I need to get new ones?

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
When you feel it just is not lasting as long as you would like it to. For example - I rotate several batts - all 18650s 2000mah - they used to last me 1.5 days easy - now they last about 1 - 1.1 days (still enough for me). They are about 2.5 years old.

I need to add - also if you damage them.

Reactions: SJClouds

SJClouds

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
San Jose, CA, USA
When you feel it just is not lasting as long as you would like it to. For example - I rotate several batts - all 18650s 2000mah - they used to last me 1.5 days easy - now they last about 1 - 1.1 days (still enough for me). They are about 2.5 years old.

I need to add - also if you damage them.

Wow ok so the batteries can last a couple of years then. I thought you would have to change them in a couple of months cause my battery lasts me about a day or so it used to last me almost 2 days also when I first got them.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Wow ok so the batteries can last a couple of years then. I thought you would have to change them in a couple of months cause my battery lasts me about a day or so it used to last me almost 2 days also when I first got them.

It all depends upon how many you have in rotation and how low you drain them. I change batts at the first sign of a drop in vape instead of waiting for my PV to tell me they need changing - it adds to the life of the battery because full draining followed by full charging takes the most life from a batt.

Reactions: SJClouds

foolswithsometools

Apr 19, 2015
I'm using a sigelei 50w box and the volts change .1 for some reason is that because of the box or cause of the battery? Like sometimes when I turn it on it reads 3.8v but then when I'm using it for a little bit it will sometimes drop to 3.7v is that because of the battery? Sometimes it even jumps back to 3.8v
No its not the battery, its likely the resistance changing slightly (maybe the 510 connection isnt super solid? and your vape auto-adjusting your voltage to keep it at the power you set it to. The way that these chips work, a small change in input voltage wont affect a thing, its why you get the same kind of regulated vape with charged batteries or dead ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread