Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
That's what i was wanting from a larger battery. Doing the buy once thing :D

You made a good choice. You have the ability to vape up to 75 watts plus the benefit of longer run time. The HG2 may charge quicker, assuming the same applied current, but will also run out quicker and will limit your vape to 60 watts max.

Reactions: Simplejack

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Ok. I'll pull a battery off in a couple hours, build a coil and add some Latakia liquid and see how it goes.

Wow. You're the first person on here I've heard of who likes Latakia! It's my favorite mix, and just about all I use. Currently enjoying a NET Latakia.

Enjoy!

• Agree
Reactions: Simplejack

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
You made a good choice. You have the ability to vape up to 75 watts plus the benefit of longer run time. The HG2 may charge quicker, assuming the same applied current, but will also run out quicker and will limit your vape to 60 watts max.
I thought the pre-production samples of the 40T was rated at 25A (75w regulated) but the production model was rated at 30A (90w regulated). I may be wrong though...

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
Wow. You're the first person on here I've heard of who likes Latakia! It's my favorite mix, and just about all I use. Currently enjoying a NET Latakia.

Enjoy!

Using it now. Has a very unique flavor that is very different but pretty good at the same time.
I feel I need to get my settings right on this mod and coils to fully enjoy it though and the same for all my upcoming flavors. Tonight is the first time vaping in a few years, so it's gonna take some getting use to.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I thought the pre-production samples of the 40T was rated at 25A (75w regulated) but the production model was rated at 30A (90w regulated). I may be wrong though...

Good point. Mooch has 3 tests of this cell,

Pre-production he rated at 25amps.

Production he rated at 30 amps.

And a Can Code N40T (which he claims “appears to be genuine”) at 25 amps.

The mAh, Internal resistance, and Watt Hours for his 3 tests are all very closely matched.

His Recommended Battery table rates the 40T at 25 amps.

So there is a slight discrepancy between his recommended table and the production test. The pic used in his recommended table is the pre-production cell – perhaps he never updated the table after testing the production version (@Mooch – care to comment?)

For the purpose of experimenting at around 75 watts, the production model would be suitable, but not ideal. If someone enjoys vaping at those levels, and wishes to do so more regularly, they are better off using a multi cell device. Less stress on the cells, longer runtime but at the possible expense of a larger device.

None the less, still feel the 40T is a better all round choice over the HG2 at the expense of a few extra hours of charging time.

Reactions: Zaryk

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    So there is a slight discrepancy between his recommended table and the production test. The pic used in his recommended table is the pre-production cell – perhaps he never updated the table after testing the production version (@Mooch – care to comment?)

It doesn’t matter much as we can’t use the printing on the wrap for authentication. It changes over time, from factory to factory, and can be quite badly done even for genuine cells. I will update the photos though as this could be confusing to some. Thanks!

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    It doesn’t matter much as we can’t use the printing on the wrap for authentication. It changes over time, from factory to factory, and can be quite badly done even for genuine cells. I will update the photos though as this could be confusing to some. Thanks!

Thanks for the response. Although I did bring up the picture in your recommended table, I was more referring to the 25 amp rating on your recommended table vs the 30 amp rating for the production cell test. Should have elaborated more – it was early, lack of coffee and a cat wanting her bacon and pancake Sunday breakfast…hold the pancakes.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Thanks for the response. Although I did bring up the picture in your recommended table, I was more referring to the 25 amp rating on your recommended table vs the 30 amp rating for the production cell test. Should have elaborated more – it was early, lack of coffee and a cat wanting her bacon and pancake Sunday breakfast…hold the pancakes.

Since both pre-production and production cells are out there the table has to use the lower of the two numbers. It’s just a recommended value though. There’s no “correct” value as it depends on the desired degree of safety, cycle life, and performance that is needed. Each of us can choose which level we want to run at.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread