New here, new to vaping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
I have been vaping about a month now, and love it! I had decided to order an E cig for my Dad to help him get off the cancer sticks (pack a day, he isn't nearly as happy with vaping as I am) and decided to order one for myself- Bought both of us an Ego starter kit off of ebay (Ego T battery with CE4 clearomizer) for about $8 each and ordered some liquids from Mt. Baker Vapor. I have never really been much of a smoker, but will light up if I'm stressed or whatever. I always hated the taste and smell of tobacco smoke, but liked the actual act of smoking and the buzz. I had bought a couple disposable e cigs in the past and enjoyed them, but they didn't last. I was happy to have a refillable option and really enjoyed vaping. After about a week my clearomizer burned up and died. Grr. Went to a local shop and bought the Kanger Protank Mini 3 and it is many times better. Already on my second atomizer, the first one lasted about two weeks. If I was able to, I would vape all day. Definitely vape more than I smoked, but don't feel any side effects so cool. Am vaping mostly 12mg liquids. Am finding out that high PG liquids are too harsh and make me cough. Still way more enjoyable than smoking! And no smell! I had a 3 hour drive one way last weekend (so twice) and pretty much vaped the whole time. Didn't need to roll windows down or anything- no aftertaste or foul smell! Eventually might look into getting a better setup, but for now I'm fairly satisfied.

Reactions: Puff2K

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Meh my dad used to smoke 20 years ago 2 packs a day and went cold turkey no problem. I've been at it for 8 years and stopped 2 months ago thanks to vaping. I never smoked in the house, but I do vape in here. My mother had no issue and liked the smell of many of the juices but, boy my dad sure hates the dogs I sometimes create so I just take it to the bathroom now.

He said a somewhat funny thing the other night. " if I knew you would be vaping this much and clouding up the whole house, I would have preferred you stay with cigarettes". Maybe not so funny now that I look back on it :-/

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
Funny thing is, as far as I know, neither of my parents knew I ever smoked (although they both used to be pack a day smokers) and always preached how bad it was and told me to never start lol. I was always the "good kid" and never used drugs or alcohol, or got into trouble. I had never smoked over 5 a day, usually a few a week, and never considered myself "addicted", I can go weeks or months without one and not really have cravings. I still don't consider myself addicted to vaping, I've gone all day without vaping and not craved nicotine, but wanted to vape because it's fun and tastes good. I've gone a few days without vaping and never really "needed" it. I work all summer at two different Christian camps, and they have an "unofficial" no smoking policy for employees- no smoking on the grounds or in front of guests, that was never an issue for me, I would just go for a drive after work and smoke if I needed to, then chew gum and spray on some cologne, done. Now that I'm vaping so no smell, I will be able to just sneak off into an empty building or up to my room and take a few hits. Since I'm not actually "smoking"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread