Building with a Vamo V10 ... now to choose batteries and charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghh3rd

Apr 26, 2015
My son and I decided to use the Vamo V10 for our first mod build -- not much to wire, but still should be a fun project.

I've been reading about batteries, and it seems that AW batteries are highly regarded. I'd like to get protected batteries, since I think the extra safety would be worth a bit more cost.

We have plenty of space for batteries, and since my son wants to be able to use some watts for some 'big clouds', I was thinking of the AW IMR 18650 2200mah 20A, but don't see it available as a 'protected' battery, so I'll keep looking.

I read that the Vamo V5 requires 2 batteries in series. Please tell me if I'm thinking correctly that would give me 7.4V, so with a 2 Ohm coil we'd be getting about 27W which is about what he's at with his Ego ONE right now (big clouds :), and only be at 3.7 amps.

Then, to choose the correct charger....

Any tips/suggestions/thoughts about my above rant?

Thanks,

Randy

K3nn0Q

Aug 2, 2014
Columbus, OH, USA
The Vamo V5 doesn't require series - it just has the ability to run so, but it's still limited to 6V/15W
The Vamos also have some protection built in, but feel free to add PTC fuses if you wish. AWs are solid batteries, as are Sony VTC4/5 and Samsung 25Rs.
With the limits on the Vamos you can stay with most any well regarded battery rated 10A or higher
Just stay away from anything with "fire" in the name, and stick to major manufacturers!

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I can attest that the Vamo V8 is an excellent board. I got one from FastTech recently and it performs excellent, has lots of great features and only cost $15.00 so great value here. I am attempting to make a bottom feeder box with a hybrid connection, scratch built atomizer, charging board AND the Vamo..... :headbang:

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Was thinking about this V10 mod board... Eleven bucks is uber cheap thats 4 less than 15 lol ...

I wonder if a little reprogramming and beefier mosfets would make the v10 board really shine. Is it limited by the board or the mosfets, are the traces to thin or the mosfets not rated for more amps..

It uses a PWM circuit firing mosfets and thats similar to the new hotness in over 1k watts high power mods, the 555 PWM mod..

Need the local board hackers/builders to get interested but I think they are more than OK with their mods held presently, I am.

That buy would be a really cool high power full display mod if the V10 was abled to produce better numbers with slight modification in the sub/all range..
Meh

If this could work linearly with the screen woot.. But I have no idea how-to nor drive to get there unless passenger lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread