RDA Those getting dry hits with the RBA mini base , here is the final solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
You need little cotton to the point where there is minimal friction between the coil and the cotton but there needs to be some at least , as long as its touching all side of the coil it is fine . Cut the edges on both sides of the cotton and make it really fluffy ( basically make the legs two times or 1 and a half times if your coil is small the size of the cotton that goes though the coil ). Saturate it . Then puch the cotton towards the base but very very gently so that you dont deform in any way , basically just move it , dont press it or anything like that . Add a few more drops of juice and close it . Close the tank . Set the airflow on max and then restrict it to less that half while still saying on that big ... hole . Just make sure you can only see less than half of it . This way the wicking will be much faster and better because there is more pressure .

Since I did this yesterday , i havnt had a single dry hit even though I chain vape and take big hits , it tastes like a brand new OCC . If anyone wants a picture tutorial , let me know .

Also if you still get dry hits , either you did it wrong or you are missing the o-ring that is attached to the base .
It cant be you e-liquid density because mine is 95VG and works phenomenal .

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Yeah, this thing can be a little finicky. I switched to the OCC heads because I vape it while driving and I REALLY don't need the distraction of a dry hit. I NEVER get a dry hit off the OCC replaceables, even with the airflow wide open, where I like them.

I have a couple spare RBA decks - thinking about opening the juice slots up on one of them with my Dremel just to see what happens. Probably gonna be gurgle city, but what the heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread