Nautilus mini coil tasting metallic? dumb question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

obiejrkmkmob

Apr 26, 2015
So I just got another new coil for my mini nauti . I set it up pretty much exactly like I have the last two months since I've been better informed (thanks solely to all u guys on ECF y'all the best!) Except I noticed this one, albeit the same ohms, has slightly smaller holes where the wick shows through. ive juiced it, primed it extra good, yet for now about these first 20 or so hits at varying wattage, ive gotten a pretty noticeably metallic after taste. Even through this delicious unicorns milk 6mg by cuttwood. My question is this: is it that the smaller holes mean I need an extra long wicking time? Cuz I've already let it sit for 30-45 min before I primed it plus dripped direct on the wick holes and let sit before I assembled. Please any advice would b helpful. My nauti is a lil beast when its firin on new coils usually I love it! Help me enjoy this new juice guys thanx!
vape the Rainbow...

Reactions: drysprocket

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
What's the VG percentage of that juice? Higher VG juices coupled with smaller holes to go through would increase wicking time. Following that train of though, I've heard that a couple small drops of distilled water in your tank will help thin it enough to wick properly.

Side note... where the hell is everyone here? Nautilus' are super popular but after hours with no replies the guy who only uses Kanger stuff has to help? lol.

Good luck man.

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
Bummer to move a thread although correct, love to answer those who might want a happy ending...I love that juice in my mini and prime with 10 drops in 1 minute of wait. Aspire rocks so if you have noticeably smaller air holes than you might have bad coils? On a totally different note, I got the metallic taste and freaked out on my device, read some posts and yup not enough hydration. Pound a gallon of water then try it????

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Actually the smaller holes are most likely the older BVC coils, which actually don't take as long to wick. I've been using for new BVC's with cotton (the larger holes) for so long now, that I actually just went back to an old school one like you just did- they do taste a bit different.

It could just be that they're old, but the taste was noticable and I think metallic might be a word for it. I would just try to get the newer ones if you were happy with them. Many of the sites online list if they have new ones specifically.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I think I have a selection of all 4 types of Naut coils: old BDC (small holes), new BDC (larger holes), old BVC (small holes), new BVC (larger holes).

I guess the 1st few draws on a new coil (which was not primed well enough) might taste - sorta "metalic". That taste goes away after a few min-hours.

I swear, I've almost gotten to the point of manually flooding (filling a unattached coil's top air hole with juice) and waiting a few minutes before blowing the excess out (screen side towards napkin to catch excess spray) and installing.

I don't like taking dry hits on a new coil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread