RDA Looking for a good clone RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

richboyporter

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2015
Cleveland
What are they going for? Flavor, vapor?

Always my suggestion for a first rda is the original plume veil. It's super easy to build on, so many airflow options, and its very durable. The flavor is outstanding and the vapor is very acceptable.

Its a four post design. With a big deck.

The clone game is shrewd. I swear by tobecco and acerig. They are 1:1 and top quality. If you don't buy from them chances are it's going to be a bad RDA.

You can find them on ebay for 12-15$ free shipping. Make sure its tobecco or acerig they are solid and reputable clone manufacturers.

I am a CnC machinist by trade. And I know good machining.

Hope I helped. Vape on and vape safe!

Reactions: Shigura

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Most definitely, with at least a 4 post design putting the coils in there are much easier in comparison to a 3 post especially for dual coils on up.
Right now I own and use Mutation X V2, Derringer, Alien, and a Magma (for flavor over clouds RDA) they all are clones with exception to the Alien atty. I also flip through these both with kanthal and ni200 for my temp builds. Mutation X is married to my sigelei 150w for those cloud chasing builds.

Mike89

Apr 25, 2015
Just bought me a Tugboat V2 on ebay for about $11. I guess I'll see how useable it turns out to be. Looking forward to playing around with an RDA since I've never used one before. I've sure read a lot though and viewed many many youtube vids on them and in building coils. I also ordered some Kanthal 26 gauge. Going to try both single coil and dual coils builds to see what's up. I know Rip Trippers prefers single coil builds so I'll have to check it out. Probably going to start out with 7 wrap dual coil build which should give around.4 -.5 ohms or so?

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I have a derringer counterfeit. Picked it up at a local shop for under 30 dollars so it probably cost 6 or 7 from fasttech. It's been fantastic. Easy to build on (w/26 awg) and deep juice well.
I absolutely love that RDA did you get the one that came with 4 top caps? Not that it matters, anywho, I purchased one specifically for my 4nine clone. Shortened it into 18350 mode was astounded on how tiny the entire rig was, true stealth right there.

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
I absolutely love that RDA did you get the one that came with 4 top caps? Not that it matters, anywho, I purchased one specifically for my 4nine clone. Shortened it into 18350 mode was astounded on how tiny the entire rig was, true stealth right there.
No extra top caps. Just the atty with white delrin dt. I knew I was being had on that one but I couldn't leave empty handed. I use it all the time.

Mike89

Apr 25, 2015
Just got my ebay Tugboat V2 clone. This thing is not built very well. Not even close to being a 1/1 clone. All 3 posts have a tiny bit of movement if you try to wiggle them, not milled into the deck but screwed into the deck I guess. Tiny posts and tiny screws, looks more like a toy. It does work though. I've tried both single coil and dual coil builds at around .5 ohms. Any higher than 20 watts on this thing and it just gets too hot, even the drip tip burns the mouth. Dunno about RDAs yet in this part of my vaping journey, have to play around some more I guess. It's alright but it's not blowing me out of the water like I was expecting from watching all the vids I've seen of the die hard RDAers. In this stage of my vaping experience I'm still liking my Atlantis much better, a lot more flavor and a cooler vape. Have to see if time changes my mind.

Last edited:

Mike89

Apr 25, 2015
The guy at ebay is working with me and going to send me a replacement, just not the same one. This time I'll be getting a Veritas clone that at least looks to not have the flimsy posts screwed to the deck. I think because they are so small, this RDA can't dissipate heat worth crap. Anything higher than 20 watts and it produces so much heat it's unvapable. Hope I have better luck next time. heh

socalsailor

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
Seal Beach, CA
The guy at ebay is working with me and going to send me a replacement, just not the same one. This time I'll be getting a Veritas clone that at least looks to not have the flimsy posts screwed to the deck. I think because they are so small, this RDA can't dissipate heat worth crap. Anything higher than 20 watts and it produces so much heat it's unvapable. Hope I have better luck next time. heh

I have a Veritas clone, and while it's a great atty, it's not for beginner builders. In fact, it's a real PITA to build on, due to the post design. There are no negative posts, and the positive post is captured with two small nuts. Also, since it has the large chamber reduction block, the whole thing is a heat sink and will heat up rather quickly on sub ohm builds. Flavor on it is great, and it will never leak on you, but keep those pros and cons in mind.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I'll just leave this here... Received 2 of these yesterday, BF one of them and enjoying it very much. I don't have an original, but the clone is certainly a quality atty. A little more airflow than the Derringer, (that can be closed off), and more flavor... Samurai Bonsai...
0bedd27a0a8c0bb7dd3459eccd31def0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread