RDA What's a good beginner RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I tried my friends rda out and I'm just now getting my own. He said to get a stillare. I want to, but I heard because of the AFC being open on both side its only good for dual coils. I also heard its good to start building single coils at first. I'm looking at either getting a mephisto or trident rda. Which one has a bigger deck/easier to build on? Btw I'm looking at getting the clones off FT. Not sure if that's a factor, but I'm not trying to drop 100 bucks on an RDA.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Take a look at 1:1 Veritas clone at FT. I got one a little over a week ago and I haven't vaped much on anything else since I got it, plus I ordered another one day before yesterday.

Build isn't that difficult but goes a little slower because of the way the wire is captured on the center post. Don't let the 'hard to build' comments in the reviews scare you off. It's not hard, just fiddly because of the tiny capture nuts.

If you get anything from FT, consider paying the extra couple of dollars for UPS tracking because it's a very busy season from now until about the middle of January, and your package ships standby unless it has tracking.

systemcrash

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I own 3 magmas and a vertas (both clones).

I must admit that I'm totaly sold with the magma. It's damn easy to build. the flavor and the vape production is quite good. I bought one 3 months ago and two other few weeks later. You can't go wrong with the magma for a dripper.

The veritas is quite impressive, but it's kind of relatively harder to build than the magma.

Both came from Fast Tech.

I also own an Authentic Mutation X V1. It's dirt cheap for an authentic. I either did something wrong or the RBA didn't met the expectation... because the flavor is comparable to an Aspire Nautilus and the vape production is kind of not that good. One thing I find strange is I feel the nicotine effect a lot more on the MX.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I tried my friends RDA out and I'm just now getting my own. He said to get a stillare. I want to, but I heard because of the AFC being open on both side its only good for dual coils. I also heard its good to start building single coils at first. I'm looking at either getting a mephisto or trident rda. Which one has a bigger deck/easier to build on? Btw I'm looking at getting the clones off FT. Not sure if that's a factor, but I'm not trying to drop 100 bucks on an RDA.

Just curious, what device(s) do you plan to use to with the RDA?

I would suggest as your first RDA, one of the Igo RDAs. They are inexpensive and solidly made. I have an Igo W4 and it's a great simple topper that come stock with one airhole (which I immediately drilled out to 2.5mm). They are great to learn on.

I also have a Tesla Plume Veil clone which is really easy to build on, single or dual coil capable and has great flavor! As your skill grows the Plume Veil will easily compliment your increased confidence.

I would also suggest trying to find a good price state side. Fasttech at this time of the year is even slower than usual. If you do order from Fasttech pay extra for shipping. 101vape.com has a great selection and prices on good quality RDA's. Angelcigs.com sells similar clones as Fasttech at comparable prices only they ship from California.

Good Luck!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I tried my friends RDA out and I'm just now getting my own. He said to get a stillare. I want to, but I heard because of the AFC being open on both side its only good for dual coils. I also heard its good to start building single coils at first. I'm looking at either getting a mephisto or trident rda. Which one has a bigger deck/easier to build on? Btw I'm looking at getting the clones off FT. Not sure if that's a factor, but I'm not trying to drop 100 bucks on an RDA.

magma 30 mm and veritas 30mm.

The magma has 2 airholes but you can rotate the ring to block 1, plus in my case I plugged one of the airholes with foil;
and the veritas has only 1 airhole; the veritas is a very unique design.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
my friend was saying the magma was too advanced and i should get a stillare. but what i orginially wanted to buy was magma cuz its a deep juice well and no o-rings. and the infinite clone looks good. thats probably what i will go with. that or a plume veil.

In my vast two week experience building (pause for laughter) and never thinking I would or could build something add fat fingers, bad eyes and small parts I expected a disaster. But, I took the plunge and got a Magma clone. First try took a long time and a lot of profanity. This weekend went much faster with better results even though the coils are ugly as sin. I've since gotten two more authentic Magmas and am digging them.

So, from a novice, try a good Magma clone.

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I vote for the Magma as well. Not only is it easy to build a solid coil on but its fun to experiment with once you get a little experience going. Got a Magma as my first RDA and right now I've been trying my hand at chimney coils, which just seems natural for the Magma. My only gripe about it is having to unscrew it to re-juice, but for all its other merits I quickly learned to live with it.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
ok magma it is. i was considering plume veil. I think I will chip out the extra cash to get the infinte clone too. i would rather have a higher quality item. I won't order it til I get christmas money. and im hoping to get a dna 30 hana modz clone for christmas so i plan on running it on that. and as well I plan on running it on my k100 mech mod.

kitten frenzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
I vote for the Magma as well. Not only is it easy to build a solid coil on but its fun to experiment with once you get a little experience going. Got a Magma as my first RDA and right now I've been trying my hand at chimney coils, which just seems natural for the Magma. My only gripe about it is having to unscrew it to re-juice, but for all its other merits I quickly learned to live with it.

You don't HAVE to unscrew it to re-juice.
A lot of people just pull out the drip tip and carefully drip it straight down. It hits the delrin thingamabob and fills up the juice well.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
You don't HAVE to unscrew it to re-juice.
A lot of people just pull out the drip tip and carefully drip it straight down. It hits the delrin thingamabob and fills up the juice well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, I did unscrew the first week or two, and it's important to see the wick yourself, but once you get used to it with some experience, you just use the drip tip; with mine, I drop in 10 to 30 drops from a needle bottle and might only unscrew once a day to look at the wicking.

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, I did unscrew the first week or two, and it's important to see the wick yourself, but once you get used to it with some experience, you just use the drip tip; with mine, I drop in 10 to 30 drops from a needle bottle and might only unscrew once a day to look at the wicking.

See, my problem was knowing if it need 10 or 30, and since I'm a chronic over-juicer I usually assumed it needed 30!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread