Lung Inhale vs Mouth Inhale

Status
Not open for further replies.

eray

Mar 28, 2015
TX
I'm with you Squid. I've always had a slight asthmatic reaction to anything in the air, so for the week after starting to vape, when I inhaled, I'd wake up in the middle of the night unable to breathe very well. I also feel like I have a bunch of stuff in my lungs the next morning. So as with a cigar or pipe, both of which I haven't quite given up--being on the border Cubans are accessible for me so it would be hard to give up those babies--I've learned to treat the vaping like I would a cigar and keep it out of the lungs directly.

I'm curious if there are many others out there who don't allow it into the lungs. I get that some people want the fullness of a lung hit, but as has been said, the nicotine is absorbed in the mucus membranes of the mouth and sinus passages. Likewise, it's these that taste that awesome liquid vapor, not the lungs, so I'm curious why some would consider it so much less appealing if they didn't inhale.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I got my Tardis wrap at Vapor Skinz. They have two versions

Blue Box – Vapor Skinz

and

Blue Box BAD WOLF – Vapor Skinz

I got the wood texturized one and it is really nice. The wood texture gives it a tad more grip. The wrap is a pretty thick vinyl and it went on really easy and no issues with air bubbles. Now if only my tank would flash when I was vaping.

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
When I started vaping, I was using a small CE4 type device and the draw is so tight, a mouth to lung was all that was possible. Now, having moved on to RBA's and RTA's I prefer a direct lung inhale, but most of these devices offer a range of airflow options to suit most tastes and at the end of the day, airy or tight draw, clouds or flavour, it's down to your own personal preferences

hardadi

Nov 30, 2014
Indonesia
Blood was tested before and after inhalation and the nicotine showed negative in the blood coming from the lungs.

Could you please give us the link?

In this video on YouTube: , they say that there is difference in blood nicotine level between new and seasoned vapers. I suppose it is caused by new vapers that take short draw as they usually do with cigarettes. Since the nicotine absorbtion is lower on vaping due to it's particle size I think the vapor volume that makes the difference. But now I wonder if lung or mouth inhale could make the difference too..

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Since the nicotine absorbtion is lower on vaping due to it's particle size I think the vapor volume that makes the difference. But now I wonder if lung or mouth inhale could make the difference too..
There is a big difference.
The nicotine is absorbed by the mucus lining in your mouth, nose, throat, and sinus.
The molecules of "STEAM" are larger than the molecules of smoke. Large enough that the lungs can't use it
In my mind, I think the mouth to lung gives you a chancre to absorb more, but if your a cloud blower, there's more than enough to go around.:)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Honestly, every time I read threads about this I start thinking I'm doing it all wrong.
girl_haha.gif
But I've been vaping for 2 years, so something is alright. I feel like I vape the exact way I smoked. Same technique and thank goodness. . . same comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread