Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I don't have any experience with the adhesives, do they remove well?

Yes they do. At first they are very easy to remove. But, like all adhesives, the longer they are on the more they bond. However, they still come off with little or no residue, something a bit of isoprophyl alcohol can remove.

If you like gloss finishes -- there are many patterns and designs, and I suggest a visit to fleabay. The most common more textural one is carbon fibre look--and chameleon just might please a tie die fan as it sort of shimmers with dark teal & purple. They may be a red/orange/gold chameleon version too.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
When you start buying mods as expensive as AKG K812 cans you know you have a vaping addiction... :D

ETA: I have far too much money in cans/amps myself (although I use them for work). If my vaping collection starts approaching the same value, you'll find me sleeping on the subway... :lol:

Very, Very Nice!
Are you on Head-Fi by any chance or over on purr1n's forum?

I don't have any AKG's in my stable, the DT880 Pro's are my top open can and a T50RP modified from BMF's DBV3 vesion are my top closed. I always wanted the neutral open trifecta of the DT-880's, HD600's and the AKG712's but the beyerdynamics are all that have showed up so far. :)

I did get to spend an absolutely glorious 3 weeks with a pair of LCD3's though.
zeAhh8w.jpg

:toast:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Got my new istick 30w, really love the size. I guess I was spoiled with the 50w though, battery life of 3 days compared to 1. Oh well, just have to remember to charge the 30w every, single, freakin' day.

6d141103e63ad40adc7cf6e50a3d7eb3.jpg
Just get some backups. :facepalm::)

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Very, Very Nice!

I don't have any AKG's in my stable, the DT880 Pro's are my top open can and a T50RP modified from BMF's DBV3 vesion are my top closed. I always wanted the neutral open trifecta of the DT-880's, HD600's and the AKG712's but the beyerdynamics are all that have showed up so far. :)

The Audeze are beautiful and sound amazing. The Burson amp is pretty nice too. ;) You can't do much better than those Beyers & Fostex without spending major bank, however.

I've kept things pretty simple on my end. MDR 7506, HD 380 Pro & HD 650. The SONYs and 380s go on the road with me and get beat to hell. On my second pair of 7506. The first lasted 18 years! The 650s are for home use only.
I usually use the amps on my interfaces but also have a Schiit DAC/AMP, Whirlwind 4-Channel and Rolls 6-Channel. The Schiit and 650s are a great combo for not a lot of money.

I haven't ventured into the K812/HD 800/LCD-3 realm. I have pretty good ears but I can't tell much difference twixt $500 & $1500+ cans, certainly not $1000 worth TO ME.

I've been known to comb through Head-Fi but never joined. I'm not an audiophile, just a lowly sound professional.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I think sweet-vapes ships there. Eleaf GS Air M
Let me know and if you can't get it, I'll fix you up with one. :)

ETA= Around 7.00 for shipping to Canada (I just read on sv).
One thing I never did was turn up to 12 watts and out of curiosity, I just did and never again! I did a little spinout of dizziness and it was really hot. Don't know how anyone does it! :cry:
'I'm Out' with the cloud chasing. :facepalm:
View attachment 458656
If you increase your watts, you'll have to go lower on the ohms or you'll get a burnt hit. The purpose is more volume of vape not a hotter vape by applying too much power to a coil that won't wick that much juice very quick either. I can get a cool vape at .3 ohms and 4 volts. about 50w :)

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
South Jawja, United States
Very, Very Nice!

zeAhh8w.jpg

That has got to be the most fabulous Headphone rack I have ever seen! The tube amp is pretty kewl too! :)

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
If you increase your watts, you'll have to go lower on the ohms or you'll get a burnt hit. The purpose is more volume of vape not a hotter vape by applying too much power to a coil that won't wick that much juice very quick either. I can get a cool vape at .3 ohms and 4 volts. about 50w :)
I always thought I understood that, but people are jacking up the wattage on the original 1.5 ohmers and I agree that would make it too hot. :)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
desertvapes has the GS Air for $7.95
they also have a 15% coupon through Sunday (5year15)
They apparently do not carry the M or MS. :(

GS Air
That's a better deal than Sweet Vapes. Not knockin the company but SV only gives 30 day warranties on isticks versus the factory 90 day that many other vendors honor.

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I always thought I understood that, but people are jacking up the wattage on the original 1.5 ohmers and I agree that would make it too hot. :)
Open the air all the way and remove the screw on the GSA and as long as your juice is not too thick you can turn it up and vape ok but it will be warmer. They wick good with rayon coils and 50/50. :)

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Open the air all the way and remove the screw on the GSA and as long as your juice is not too thick you can turn it up and vape ok but it will be warmer. They wick good with rayon coils and 50/50. :)
I don't like it warmer. :lol: I'm vaping on the M at 8 with it wide open and the juice is almost gone in it and it is fantastic for me. :)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I don't like it warmer. :lol: I'm vaping on the M at 8 with it wide open and the juice is almost gone in it and it is fantastic for me. :)
One reason these are so popular is because they suit quite a range of vaping from light and medium, to heavy tootle puffin. :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
That has got to be the most fabulous Headphone rack I have ever seen! The tube amp is pretty kewl too! :)
1/2" copper tubing/fittings, JB Weld, Steel Wool and a pipe insulator and you can have one yourself from Home Depot.
Lots O' Elbow grease too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread