Squape R leakage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabolee

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Philadelphia
I've had this Sqaupe R for a few months and have built a number of setups on it. Until today, it's only leaked once. But now, it is leaking all the time.
I just cleaned it out really well and put a 0.8 ohm simple coil in it. I'm using organic cotton balls, but I've always used that in it, so I don't think that is the problem.
The only difference with this set-up is that I'm using 100% VG juice in it. But since VG is less viscose, Why would that leak, and not my normal 50:50.
I've already tried replacing the cotton, and after sitting straight up and down for 5 minutes, the juice is seeping out.
Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I would replace the o rings. I just had a mysterious very slow leak on an atty that I was having trouble tracking down. Replacing the o rings solved it even though visually they all appeared fine. Sometimes you just can't see the problem one.

If this is a clone, it could be where the chimney screws into the tank. Teflon tape on the threads should solve it.

Zabolee

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Philadelphia
Sorry, I meant to say it was a clone. Not sure which. And the leak was from the air hole.
Anyway, I feel really stupid, because I tried one last obvious thing, and the leak stopped instantly.

I don't have a 7/64 drill bit, and the 1/8" that I use is just a tiny bit too big to fit into the slot of the wide deck. So I usually press it down as far as it can go before I secure the leads. Once done, I check to see if the coil is only showing 1/2 above the deck, and 1/2 in the hole (hopefully that makes sense). If more is above the deck, I take a small allen wrench and push it down further before cleaning up the coil. When I do that whole procedure, I have no leaking ever.

But this time, I pulled up on the coil to get the drill bit out, and never put it back deeper into the deck. Low and behold, massive leaking, since juice was seeping under the cotton and coil, and not fully being wicked.
I've checked back every so often to be sure, and after hours, there is no issue.

So, autobiogphnation, I'd recommend checking out how the coil is sitting. When you look at it through the coil, how much is above and below the very top of the deck?

Reactions: roxynoodle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread