Excessive watering and burning of eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
It's allergy season, might be unrelated to vape.

This was what happened to me. I had just stepped up to an RDA and all of a sudden my eyes began burning every day and basically becoming waterfalls. I finally called my eye doctor and she ended up saying I had a condition known as episcleritis(severe inflammation of the top layer of the eye) and it was made worse by my allergies. I asked her if vaping had anything to do with it and she said "There is always the possibility, but I would say it is totally unrelated." If possible, try to stop vaping for a few days and see if it goes away. If it goes away, it is possibly the vaping causing it. To rule out it just being the allergens in the air, I would go back to vaping again and just see if it starts right back up. If it does, you can be pretty sure it is related to vaping.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
A few weeks ago my wife had severe watering itchy eyes, like she's never had before in the 12 years that I've known her. She tried regular extra strength eye drops, didn't work. The only thing that helped was antihistamine eye drops(alaway). All that to say, this seems to be an exceptionally bad allergy season.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
It could quite possibly be allergies. I know that mine are really bad right now, and I am hitting the Benadryl like nobody's business. Problem is that it tends to dry my mouth, eyes, etc., so I have had to really up my liquid intake between vaping and antihistamines.

Are you on any medications that could possibly be contributing? There are medications, other than antihistamines, that can cause dry mouth, dry eyes, etc. I have a tendency toward having dry eyes, myself, and really need to watch my liquid intake when I take antihistamines or other medications for more than a few days.

Reactions: KattMamma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread