Burning Eyes. Flavor or nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
I went to the eye doctor.

Two issues: There is an infection in both eyes. For that I got antibiotic eyedrops. Which should solve the infection within 5 Days. Otherwise I should contact the doctor again by Friday.

My eyes react sensitive to pollen. She told me many people are affected now, who in other Years don't have any issues.

vape is not the cause for these 2 issues. It might amplify the symptoms. But that's all.

I feel relieved that it isn't something serious. Apart from that, my eyesight is good. No need for glasses.

However, I'll start to lower the nicotine. I vaped even with 0 nicotine. Isn't that bad. I'll try to go from 4mg to 2.5mg.

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I'm glad someone brought this up. I had a serious problem with my eyes/vision from the Menthol in Durasmoke Classic Menthol e-liquid. Burning, watering, puffy eyes. Extreme sensitivity to light any bright light. As soon as I stopped using it the problem went away. I then ordered some TFA Menthol flavor from My Freedom Smokes to see if it made a difference. I can use it in the Vuse Alto pods that I refill for a short time while the Tigon by Aspire charges up but not in the Tigon. I must be allergic to whatever they use to make the Menthol with. On the plus side I saved a trip to the Eye Dr. on the downside I cant vape Menthol. So if you have the same problem that could be it and if anyone knows where to get a Menthol flavor from that might be good in a situation like mine I'll give it one more shot before I give up.

Reactions: stols001

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I must be allergic to whatever they use to make the Menthol with.
Menthol is made (in e-liquid applications) by dissolving menthol crystals in a suitable carrier(s) (PG, ethanol, water, VG).
upload_2019-6-7_17-30-42.png

(source: TPA)

Menthol (Wikipedia)

Reactions: stols001

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
@TonyD64, what about alternatives? Such as Peppermint or Koolada, or something else along those lines.
I bought some TFA Peppermint flavor at the same time that I bought the Menthol. The Peppermint I have no problem with at all in fact I may stop right there as it tastes great and I only need 5 or 6 drops in a tank when I do a refill. I think I'll give the Menthol to my sister as she's thinking about switching from the vuse products to a pen or a mod kit. Thx for bearing with all the I's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread