Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Okay, one more question. Is it normal for a cotton wick to have a very odd flavor at first?! Or am I using the wrong kind of cotton? It isn't burning, I think I got it wicked "right" but the flavor is just, um, idk how to describe it...it tastes gunky & heavy sorta even tho it's brand new. (It's a juice I know, so that isn't it...)

Does it kinda taste like a wet T-shirt? or a wet cotton ball in your mouth?
If that's kinda close, it's the cotton flavor coming through...it fades after a bit, I hope :laugh:
If it's not tasting burned, you probably did it right.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Okay, one more question. Is it normal for a cotton wick to have a very odd flavor at first?! Or am I using the wrong kind of cotton? It isn't burning, I think I got it wicked "right" but the flavor is just, um, idk how to describe it...it tastes gunky & heavy sorta even tho it's brand new. (It's a juice I know, so that isn't it...)

w/new wick its called the breakin period, new wick start off low power and work ur way up.
cotton has a longer breakin period time than rayon,
ymmv, imo, etc etc

Reactions: mamabear15

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
Ive been trying to rebuild these as an emergency coil if my RTA fails (like today) however.... I have not gotten these right yet. Only one out of 5-6 have come along more than a tank at most, and some less than a few puffs before dry hits occur. I was using Rayon but I have found a stash of KGD and am starting to use this. Just keep trying!

Reactions: mamabear15

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
Oh, the memories this thread brings up... Since all my questions here, I've used drippers, Lemos, Kayfuns, Taifuns, Goblins, more drippers... I gotta say the Subtank was the hardest to get right, lol. Seriously, if you can get this one down, you can get anything!! It's honestly easier to build on the RBA deck than to rewick the stock heads, I think...anyhow, just had to share the nostalgia :) and thanks again to all those who helped with my rookie moments!!

Reactions: yuseffuhler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread