Apex BF Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
I'll bite! This mod looks too cool to pass on. By all means, take your time building, whilst I build up funding.

Avion list

1. havok333

no worries. i have materials on order that wont be here till the middle of next week anyhow and i have 2 mods to do in front of yours :) Here is the list as it stands today.....

Avion list

1. Mommabird62
2. (Undisclosed):w00t:
3. havok333

Reactions: pdib

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
A quick update on the mod. I have come up with a refinement to the switch mechanism which will allow for complete disassembly and also will allow for adjustment of the switch throw. Not to mention it will make it a good deal easier to assemble on my end. I will also allow for user replacement of parts if the need would arise:thumb: I am still looking for a source for 10ml bottles that will fit in the available space. No luck on that front just yet:cry: If anyone knows of a source feel free to share. It needs to be 20mm diameter X 60mm tall or so.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
e9731a49d18d1c5a7b077f255268f5a9.jpg

It is a bottom switch. The earlier pics didn't show the squonk hole well.

20b9053126913900339eac13e23a4b61.jpg

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Three is my lucky number, so tis fitting! :D

Should have known Mommabird would have beaten me in line...

I am still trying to figure out from the pics how this works. Is that the fire button up top in the center? And is that screw on the bottom a juice bottle plunger?

[emoji12] Y'all know I'm a sucker for mech bottom feeders! And just when I told myself, no more mods! I have too many bottom feeders and love them all [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
[emoji12] Y'all know I'm a sucker for mech bottom feeders! And just when I told myself, no more mods! I have too many bottom feeders and love them all [emoji6]

Mommabird62
Since this is copper and brass, figured you couldn't resist.

I'm seriously diggin' on the unique steam punk look! Big sucker for things that are a little different, lol.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Since this is copper and brass, figured you couldn't resist.

I'm seriously diggin' on the unique steam punk look! Big sucker for things that are a little different, lol.

That's what caught my attention. Doesn't look like anything I have ever seen [emoji4]

I also love pretty metals. And .....woods. WTHeck I love em all!

Mommabird62

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Wow I really like the steampunk look also. Bottom fire if I understand correctly. Would like to see something a little different for the look of the fire button:D
I agree that I need to find something for the fire button but I am trying to keep it close in to prevent snags. I was gonna make up a fancy contraption but I elected for simplicity to eliminate as many moving parts as possible. The prototype has a fixed throw and ended up sticking out quite a bit further than I wanted. Just about anything could be used as the button as long as it can be drilled and soldered[emoji1]

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
A quick update on the mod. I have come up with a refinement to the switch mechanism which will allow for complete disassembly and also will allow for adjustment of the switch throw. Not to mention it will make it a good deal easier to assemble on my end. I will also allow for user replacement of parts if the need would arise:thumb: I am still looking for a source for 10ml bottles that will fit in the available space. No luck on that front just yet:cry: If anyone knows of a source feel free to share. It needs to be 20mm diameter X 60mm tall or so.

Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) 10ml Squeezable Dropper Bottle Eye Liquid Drop Needle Tip (Pack of 50): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Just curious if you had checked voltage drop? I would suspect it is minimal:)
I have not but I will be sure to do so. I have been busy torture testing the mod. I am using it exclusively and am not cleaning contacts or anything for a while to see what happens. I run almost all my attys at .3ohms so the switch is getting a fair workout[emoji1]. I do expect some contact maintenance needs to arise though due to a good bit of dissimilar metal contact. I do not use any deoxit or noalox. Performance has been fantastic thus far[emoji106] My goal going into this was to build a functional art mod rather than a performance mod and it seems I may just have achieved both by accident[emoji15]

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Reactions: AllPepperS

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Thx peng[emoji1] I wonder if I can mod the cap to take a reo style tube? I tend to like the peko style setup with the cut off dropper tip.

While I do not have one of these exact bottles, I do have 10ml needle tip bottles that look the same. You could remove the needle tip and drill out the cap with a 1/8" bit to use tubing 3/16" OD (if using Reo size tubing). They may also carry dropper tips for that bottle.

Reactions: Roscoe01
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread