Dready's Mod Spa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
I'm going to officially say be careful with it. It's not going to fall apart if you look at it wrong or anything, but not as tough as cerakote.
I continue to try finding ways to make then stronger, going to try getting into a finish that's used for air plan finished and the like. We'll see how it works out, but the engine enamel I use now is quite tough.
When I said it's easy to remove a patina, I meant chemically and intentionally if one wanted to remove it.

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
I meant to ask about that. on the black ring, will wiping it clean scrub the patina? I have a bad habit of over-squonking and ...... juice out the air holes.

No, not at all; that was my initial concern too when I first did one. juice will not affect the patina. Just don't clean it with anything containing acetone.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
There's yours, right there :)

20141104-untitled001_zpsd434ce80.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So judging by the pic, these would be shipping in the near future? Just curious mind you...

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Soon, yes. But, especially with AFCs, they need to cure fully to harden to the point of being solid enough for its purpose. A little more curing, then buff & polish and we will be in business.
Hesitant to announce a day, but Saturday would be the absolute earliest, my guess is they would ship Monday.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Hi Mark, I have a blue metallic REO grand that I would like to get a door for. Have seen several on here that I like. Do you have any available or being made? I'm thinking of a darkish blue since it has a copper button and I have another bf atty coming that will have a copper afc ring. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Last edited:

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Hi Mark, I have a blue metallic REO grand that I would like to get a door for. Have seen several on here that I like. Do you have any available or being made? I'm thinking of a darkish blue since it has a copper button and I have another bf atty coming that will have a copper afc ring. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Hi MB! I've got some available, but can always start another for you if you don't see the one you want. If you look, door #14 is blue and available, also #23 might work in that combo. I'll repost them below

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread