Status
Not open for further replies.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
My original plan isn't going to work for the sx350j mod but it would work for a dual 18650 squonker mech. I have 10 any interest? I could do the mech box for $100. The sx350j box is going to require a bit more mill work. I have a plan, I will be drawing it up tonight hopefully, and ordering material and mill bit tomorrow. The Rogue thing aggravated me at first but I'm over it now and it has fueled the mod plan. I have never been one to sulk for more than a few hours. Is the Havoc edition rogue something I should look into? Perhaps we should take a play out of the Reo playbook and rename the Rogue; perhaps the Havoc1? Havoc has always been one of my best customers so I would gladly name his idea in his honor. You're my boy Greg! As to the RW atty I'm all ears.

So who wants a Havoc1? Any interest in the dual 18650 mech bottom feeder? Magnetic switch all copper and brass internals aluminum body. I just need to find a few bolts and tubing. The mech could ship this coming week. The 18650 350j box will be coming sooner than later but it is in the planning stage.
Dude, I don't know what to say. That black rogue clone I got way back when, the best thing was the parts were interchangeable with your first run. Same black screws though, and the brass top cap was not real brass, lol. But the AFC would actually tighten down like it should.

Definitely not worthy of naming an rda though... haven't even built the last two I got from ya yet, lol.

joecarroll42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Virginia
My original plan isn't going to work for the sx350j mod but it would work for a dual 18650 squonker mech. I have 10 any interest? I could do the mech box for $100. The sx350j box is going to require a bit more mill work. I have a plan, I will be drawing it up tonight hopefully, and ordering material and mill bit tomorrow. The Rogue thing aggravated me at first but I'm over it now and it has fueled the mod plan. I have never been one to sulk for more than a few hours. Is the Havoc edition rogue something I should look into? Perhaps we should take a play out of the Reo playbook and rename the Rogue; perhaps the Havoc1? Havoc has always been one of my best customers so I would gladly name his idea in his honor. You're my boy Greg! As to the RW atty I'm all ears.

So who wants a Havoc1? Any interest in the dual 18650 mech bottom feeder? Magnetic switch all copper and brass internals aluminum body. I just need to find a few bolts and tubing. The mech could ship this coming week. The 18650 350j box will be coming sooner than later but it is in the planning stage.

I need in on this 350j mod.. How many you making?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
I'm down for one, I was planning on jettisoning three other/not Tmod aluminum squonkers anyway for a third Tmod, may as well add a CH Squonker. Have you thought of maybe etching your Logo in them... I can hope anyway.

Dual 18650 CAM Mech Squonker

1. 73neb
2. Graywolf1911
3. Houndb
4. MFToms59

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Tom, I'm really dying for the regulated squonker, but have a serious case of shiney-itis right now and the prospect of getting the dual batt box next week has me hooked. Couple of questions if you will...

Dual batts in series or parallel? Its my understanding that one way will give a net output of 4.2v but double the mah, while the other will provide double the power with the run time of a single batt. So is it normal power, double run time, or usual run time at twice the power?

How are these protected from shorts? Fuse, hot spring, something else, nothing?

Juice capacity? 6ml? 10ml? Would be great if it uses the same 10ml bottle that the E7's use, or if something else at least a bottle that is easy to find so we can get spares easily.

I should add that it would be nice to see some pix and generally learn more about this beast before making a decision. What we're heard so far sounds great, but there could be factors that sway people one way or the other. Hard to say without knowing all the specs.

Reactions: freedogg

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
BTW- dug out my old Marquis clone yesterday just for kicks and was able to get a nice dual coil in there, FINALLY. I used 28g nichrome, for a net resistance of 0.7Ω. Also finally got it wicked correctly and I'm quite enjoying it on the Geyscano at 40 watts. This is the first atty that I feel delivers nearly as well as my beloved Apollo. It's not quite there yet but I'm sure if I spent enough time I could get it to sing just as well. The only thing that is a bit off putting is that it gets HOT with a little chain vaping. Felt the mod warming up considerably and got worried something was wrong with the chip, then i touched the atty and nearly burnt my finger. I guess its a testament to how much I was enjoying it.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I need in on this 350j mod.. How many you making?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In light of recent developments I will make them until you are sick of them. I be live there is a list for the first 10-20 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread