Cyclone doesn't fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plaz

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2013
Churzee
I received today a new "2014" Cyclone from the UK vendor. I wrapped a coil, tested it on my ohm meter (0.96 Ω), but once mounted on my LP Reo, it didn't heat up. It was tightly screwed into the connector. I put it back on the ohm meter and it read the same reading again.

I think maybe the positive contact in the center of the Cyclone's 510 connector is *just* not protruding from the center enough... by fractions of a millimeter. Enough so that it works on my ohm meter, but doesn't contact the slotted positive post on the Reo's 510 connector. Seem like a plausible theory?

If this is the case, can I move the Cyclone's positive center post down a little by gently tapping the center post from above with a hammer? I tried turning it with a screwdriver (gently) like I always needed to do with my old A7, but it didn't want to budge -- I didn't know if it's threaded or not, but I'm assuming not based on this experience.

If the hammer approach won't destroy the atty I'll try that, but thought I'd consult with the atomizer cognoscenti here first. Any advice appreciated!

I put my RM2 back on the Reo and it's working as well as ever, so I know there's no new problem with the Reo itself.

Thanks!

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
One of my new Cyclones had one 510 thread crimped (the last one closest to the bottom of the base)
This gave me exactly the problem your having with yours
Prevented the atomizer from threading into the 510 connector just the last about 1/2 turn
I had to work it back and forth a few times without the cap to get it in that last 1/2 turn
After that it fully screws on now no problem
Check the last thread on the atomizer 510 for a crimp

Last edited:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
The Cyclone pin is adjustable, just turn it about a quarter of a turn counter clockwise. It's kinda tight so be careful, screwdrivers like to slip off of those darn slotted screws (don't ask me how I know :facepalm:)

It helps to give it a nice hot bath in almost boiling water to soften up the insulator a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread