Dr. F. expounding on the "Dry Burn" comment he made on RY4 Radio May 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Curious, Andria, you said your dad smoked 55 years, how old was he when he died and what did he do for a living? My dad died at 77 from MM cancer after a 3 year struggle. The only smoking he ever did was a pipe for a short period of time and a cigar very infrequently. However he spent his life welding rail cars and inhaling all the fumes you find in that environment. His sister, who smoked more than I did but was an elementary school teacher, lived into her mid 80s.

Reactions: Kent C

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I don't see how anything you say here addresses my reply. At this point, complicating the issue may be your only recourse though. With a nod to Mark Twain, I'm done here.
your the one complicating the issue. i am merely speculating on the
good Doctors phraseology in the context of how he presents his
studies,nothing more.
its hard to get a grip on your concerns as they seem to be
derisive for derisiveness's sake.
regards
mike

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Curious, Andria, you said your dad smoked 55 years, how old was he when he died and what did he do for a living? My dad died at 77 from MM cancer after a 3 year struggle. The only smoking he ever did was a pipe for a short period of time and a cigar very infrequently. However he spent his life welding rail cars and inhaling all the fumes you find in that environment. His sister, who smoked more than I did but was an elementary school teacher, lived into her mid 80s.

He was 66 when he died, though if he'd lived just a few more months, he'd have been 67. He was a computer programmer early in his career (mainframes), and when PCs got big, he worked on some projects to port COBOL to PCs, and later did tech support for Compaq.

He smoked Luckies for about 30 yrs, switched to menthols later, and still later switched to non-menthol "Lights". He also smoked a lot of other things that can't be mentioned here. :D He was also an alcoholic, had been in recovery for about 26 yrs at the time of his death.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread