Cloud9vaping pulls Five Pawns and other liquids from the shelf after testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
To satisfy any consumers who are looking for a line of e-liquids that are completely diacetyl and AP-free, this summer we are introducing a new PG-alternative line of vapor liquids that will deliver the same legendary flavor profiles that Five Pawns is known for, while offering an alternative to people with PG sensitivity. The new line of vapor liquids will also solve the flavor problem for those who have sacrificed taste in pursuit of greater vapor production.

Say what ?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
To satisfy any consumers who are looking for a line of e-liquids that are completely diacetyl and AP-free, this summer we are introducing a new PG-alternative line of vapor liquids that will deliver the same legendary flavor profiles that Five Pawns is known for, while offering an alternative to people with PG sensitivity. The new line of vapor liquids will also solve the flavor problem for those who have sacrificed taste in pursuit of greater vapor production.

Say what ?
$7BB5D5B4AAE032F6.gif

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

Say what ?
Yep it is dead and 5 Pawns killed it.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This thread is dead news. When it's all over five pawns will have a outlet in the UK called cloud9. You stepped in s**t cloud 9 now what are you going to do?

You seem Very Confident of the Outcome. Not sure why? But that's Cool.

I predict that Nothing will come of this Either Way. Neither side stands to Gain Much by this Escalating into a Legal Battle. And the Only Real Winners would be the Lawyers on Both Sides.

The Real Losers here are the Consumers if No More Transparency and Independent Testing by OEM's/Retailers does Not occur.

But what Else is New?

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
You seem Very Confident of the Outcome. Not sure why? But that's Cool.

I predict that Nothing will come of this Either Way. Neither side stands to Gain Much by this Escalating into a Legal Battle. And the Only Real Winners would be the Lawyers on Both Sides.

Cloud 9 already had to back off. If they are right why would they? Just asking. Looking at the results they posted was nothing more than a handmade spreadsheet with numbers on it.

Lawyers always win no matter what side of the table they sit on.

Reactions: bman1977

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Cloud 9 already had to back off. If they are right why would they? Just asking. Looking at the results they posted was nothing more than a handmade spreadsheet with numbers on it.
Compiled from these lab results:
Scribd

True, that.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Right vs Wrong sometimes has No Bearing as to why a Company like Cloud9 would pull down the Results of a Lab Test.

If I have more Monies than you do to wage a Long, Drawn out Litigation, is it Always Prudent to Fight Against me? Especially when you have Almost Nothing to Gain?

Any Good Lawyer will tell you that Once the Toothpaste is out of the Tube, it Doesn't Matter if you put the Cap Back On or Not.

Cloud9 took the Toothpaste out of the Tube. So What if they Now put the Cap Back On?

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
The posted PDFs are not a handmade spreadsheet with numbers on. They are exactly what I would expect as a summary report from a laboratory. These are from this one: Analytical services, West Yorkshire Joint Services

Cloud9 is not being fraudulent here. There may be a mistake, there has to be a mistake somewhere, but it isn't a purposeful deceit. They gain nothing from this. They got bad press from selling stuff they now say is unsalable, and they had to stop selling a line that doubtless brought them in a lot of sales.

However they have nothing to gain and much to lose by pursuing it. They therefore backed down and will continue to do so.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The posted PDFs are not a handmade spreadsheet with numbers on. They are exactly what I would expect as a summary report from a laboratory. These are from this one: Analytical services, West Yorkshire Joint Services

Cloud9 is not being fraudulent here. There may be a mistake, there has to be a mistake somewhere, but it isn't a purposeful deceit. They gain nothing from this. They got bad press from selling stuff they now say is unsalable, and they had to stop selling a line that doubtless brought them in a lot of sales.

However they have nothing to gain and much to lose by pursuing it. They therefore backed down and will continue to do so.

I'm not going to Speak for Cloud9

But what I saw as a Motivation for Publishing the Results that they were given was to Alert Consumers to Exactly what they were Buying. As I recall, there were Other e-Liquids displayed Besides Five Pawns.

Did Cloud9 do it to minimize Bad Press? Did they Do it because they were getting Static from Vendors when they Told them what they had found? Did they do it because they consider AP and DA to be a Health Risk? Or perhaps some from Column "A", a Little from Column "B", and a dose of Column "C"?

I dunno.

I would like to See Every Retailer sending Random Samples of Every Batch of e-liquids they Sell to Independent Labs. And the Results of All e-Liquids sold on their site Posted.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

The right move is to simply take FP off the website and say nothing. It's not their call to post numbers which may not be correct. They didn't need to blog it to the vaping world.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The right move is to simply take FP off the website and say nothing. It's not their call to post numbers which may not be correct. They didn't need to blog it to the vaping world.

If I send an e-Liquid to a Nationally Recognized Lab, and I trust their Protocols and Technical Expertise, is it Wrong for me to Publically Post their Results?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know nothing about (international) law but can FP sue a company based in the UK over this? Isn't something like this limited to national laws?

Not sure why 5P couldn't?

Both the USA and the UK recognize Libel and Slander in a Similar way.

Reactions: Pinggolfer

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
I am not a lawyer, but...
If I send an e-Liquid to a Nationally Recognized Lab, and I trust their Protocols and Technical Expertise, is it Wrong for me to Publically Post their Results?
I'd have to check the libel laws on that. The truth is a perfect defense but if the mistake is on Coloud9's side, they might be in the wrong.

I know nothing about (international) law but can FP sue a company based in the UK over this? Isn't something like this limited to national laws?
I believe they could argue that either the USA or the UK were valid jurisdictions since Cloud9's website can be viewed in the USA and the servers might be there. However if they refused to turn up then there is little the US courts could do to force them. The chances are that 5P would choose to prosecute it in the UK.

To my mind, they overstepped themselves calling it fraud. That's a criminal offense and requires intent and profit, which would be hard to prove. An accusation of libel would have been more on-point and it is definitely possible for a foreign national to sue a UK citizen for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread