eLeaf iStick 10w (Mini) or 50w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
The iStick 30 might be right up your alley. I have the Subox, but they're about $100 all in, including having to buy batteries and the charger.
Don't forget that even when you get the iStick, you still need the tank, and I think the battery is built in. The tank could be 30 to 50 extra bucks.
As far as the iStick 10, I probably wouldn't go that route, since I found that I never vape below 10w with my subtank mini.
Maybe there are some good clones out there...(not a joke, I've heard that there are some really good clones out there.)
If you're willing to wait, there are some great deals online that may be in your budget as well.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I wouldn't go near an iStick , not after most found out Eleaf will refuse to warranty one , people have been screaming all over "Reddit" about it.

If you want a superior built vaping device that will not disappoint and gets stellar reviews check out the Innokin Coolfire 4 .

Innokin stands behind their warranty and even Phil Busardo said the Innokin is head and shoulders above the iSticks in overall engineering and quality.

Read the comments section below the review and read it for yourself.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...UbXFEL2khb5iO9eRifomAdQ&bvm=bv.96952980,d.cWw

Last edited:

serene.in.dallas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
How do you vape? What tank do you use or which one are you looking at? The 10w is rather limited in wattage and battery life. If you vape around 20-30 watts you should get a fulls days vaping out of an istick 30, so long as you dont chain vape like crazy. It really depends on your tank and vaping frequency. It really depends on your tank and what wattage you want to use it at. The cool fire 4 should also be considered. 40 watts with a 2000mah battery and according to pbusardo its the same battery as an istick30 even though they are rated slightly different. Can be had for around $45 shipped, maybe less. Theres also a 40w istick with temperature control being released very very soon, and ive seen a deal on it for $30 shipped.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
If you really want an istick, the 30W is probably your best choice.

1. Still small, but doesn't have the issues the 10W has (overpowered pwm, 510 easily stripped).
2. You will probably outgrow 10W, and perhaps quickly.
3. The 50W isticks have been plagued with issues while the 30W has a much better track record.

I would also take a serious look at the Coolfire IV.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Cool Fire 4
Segelei 50w
Portability, you can't go far wrong with the Istick 30w
Depends what tank your using and whether you think you may go lower in ohms in the future, I made the mistake of wasting a lot of money so in that respect I'd go 100w but it all depends on what your vaping...or thinking about vaping.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I did not say before, but the iSticks definitely don't have the build quality of the MVPs or the CoolFire IV, both made by Innokin and having very good reputations. I mentioned earlier that the APV sub-forum is available once you get 5 posts. Look at the threads dealing with both and quality...and problems are easy to see.

As to toppers, the Aspire Nautilus or Kayfun 4 or Subtank mini are good looks, but there are a lot out there. There is a sub-forum for Clearomizers and RTAs, too.

Good luck, check the forums. Once you decide, I "know" that everyone here likes to be the first to chase down the cheapest price that would include shipping.

Welcome to ECF, good info and good helpful people.

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
I wouldn't go near an iStick , not after most found out Eleaf will refuse to warranty one , people have been screaming all over "Reddit" about it.

If you want a superior built vaping device that will not disappoint and gets stellar reviews check out the Innokin Coolfire 4 .

Innokin stands behind their warranty and even Phil Busardo said the Innokin is head and shoulders above the iSticks in overall engineering and quality.

Read the comments section below the review and read it for yourself.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QtwIwAA&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbCuiEocWf4&ei=XRGWVZuOJYar-QG32YPYBw&usg=AFQjCNGVgE-UbXFEL2khb5iO9eRifomAdQ&bvm=bv.96952980,d.cWw

Being a fair person, you'll no doubt acknowledge that very many people have been more than pleased with their iStick experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread