Strike at 20/80 and now Hit it or Quit it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePulver

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego
Oh man first night notes...trying to figure out this fruit flavor is chaos. Somewhere between white grape, lychee, and pear?? I think the Irish whiskey is throwing my taste buds off. Fantastic as a late night vape along with a strong drink on the rocks though. Can't wait to see how this matures over the upcoming weeks! Lovin all this NET talk! :p

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Welp in to the steep cabinet. :( Got around to trying it today, 3 weeks old, aired and steeped a week, bleh. Get some kind of something taste, could be a fruit, not sure what, no NET taste at all. I was hoping it was something on the lines of Darkside/Switch (both of which I still have some of), but not even close to a NET juice IMHO. Will leave it for a couple of months and come back to it, but not off to a good start. :(

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
Welp in to the steep cabinet. :( Got around to trying it today, 3 weeks old, aired and steeped a week, bleh. Get some kind of something taste, could be a fruit, not sure what, no NET taste at all. I was hoping it was something on the lines of Darkside/Switch (both of which I still have some of), but not even close to a NET juice IMHO. Will leave it for a couple of months and come back to it, but not off to a good start. :(

What setup are you using? It's there but by no means like Switch. It was designed to be a lighter tobacco. I know I discussed a few more NETs with Kent, one which is a heavier NET liquid, another which would really rock the NET world if he could pull it off.

I'm really loving how [HASHTAG]#Strike[/HASHTAG] is developing.... It's a VERRRRRY smooth vape! Just delicious! I do really wish for a much bigger throat hit to make each hit more satisfying. But even with that said, this is an amazing all day vape! It's a light pipeish tobacco with a little twist. The truth is when I opened the bottle and first hit it on my Velocity Dripper, both my girl and myself tasted a light blueberry mixed in with the slightly creamy tobacco

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
What setup are you using? It's there but by no means like Switch. It was designed to be a lighter tobacco. I know I discussed a few more NETs with Kent, one which is a heavier NET liquid, another which would really rock the NET world if he could pull it off.
Tootle Puffer here, using a Sophia w/2.4Ω coil running at 3.4v to 3.6v. If it takes high power to use this juice then I will never be able to use it. :(

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
Tried Strike this week and on first sample I get a light pipe tobacco and sugar. Eventually the sugar translated into some kind of fruit. Intriguing for sure! Using a derringer, 2.5mm, 28ga, 1.1ohm on Istick 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The after taste made me remember something that I couldn't quite recall what until yesterday ...it's a taste I got from WTA last year. Sort of like the tobacco after taste from 'real' cigarettes my Mum used to smoke way back (Players navy cut).

I get fruit too ..can't give it a definitive name, but it made me think of the juice from cooked sweet/dessert apples, or perhaps cooked plums too. :unsure:

Not sure if this is going to be a favourite for me. I may try adding some vanilla to it as it seems to have a light vanilla taste in there somewhere.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Tootle Puffer here, using a Sophia w/2.4Ω coil running at 3.4v to 3.6v. If it takes high power to use this juice then I will never be able to use it. :(

I will have to do a high ohm build and see what I get.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Just tried strike and, it's a total miss for me. I can't even try this one later on... it's just not something I can hit again. Tried it in a vector, .29 ohms. Tastes like a mixture of unflavored nicotine and some kind of fruit. Neither of those things do I like in a vape.

Hope this hits better for the rest of ya.

Last edited:

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I have Strike loaded up in R2 with my Nuppin' running dual coils metering at .6 ohms. The "fruitiness" I'm getting tastes similar to the background I taste in Betelgeuse. I have forgotten what fruits make it up, but at first vape I knew what I was tasting.

I've never vaped Unflavored so I can't say it tastes like that, but they way I hear people describe how it tastes I imagine this is what it should taste like. A light tobacco cigarette. If thats the case I've got enough nic base in the freezer to last me 10 lifetimes of wonderful Unflavored liquid!

This stuff is great! I'm really enjoying it right now! Unfortunately I'm at work right now, and one of the leads came loose in the center post and I don't have my allen key! :mad::unsure::unsure::mad:

So know I can only look at R2 and imagine how great it tastes until I get home...

Alawot

Wakonda Warrior
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Lebanon, Ohio
Just tried strike and, it's a total miss for me. I can't even try this one later on... it's just not something I can hit again. Tried it in a vector, .29 ohms. Tastes like a mixture of unflavored nicotine and some kind of fruit. Neither of those things do I like in a vape.

Hope this hits better for the rest of ya.
Lower the heat Sloth, Strike was better for me at .5 and I even tried in RM2 at .8 but I wasn't too fond of it at .34

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Can't do it bro...I hear you. But the after taste scarred me...just like unflavored nic I'll never be able to bring myself to vape it again. Guess I could say - strike two for Nicoticket. Which out of the many flavors I've had is amazing really. To only have two that were unvapable to me :)
Lower the heat Sloth, Strike was better for me at .5 and I even tried in RM2 at .8 but I wasn't too fond of it at .34

ChiBear85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2015
Chicago
I like the taste but I also don't get along with max vg after vaping this all day a week ago literally woke up choking and puked and that's never happened ro me since I started vaping since it's my first max vg I'm assuming that's wht but I love the taste of it light tobacco with something like apricot on the exhale

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Trying Strike for the first time. It's not on fresh cotton, but I think I've worked through the CLS notes.
It's a surprisingly light flavor. Makes for a nice palate cleanser.
I get a light green note (not like fresh cut grass), maybe like a very faint Fennel, on the inhale.
Like ChiBear, I taste apricot/peach fruit on the exhale.

It's light, tasty and a refreshing change.

My only con is maxVg condenses quickly on my moustache, and that drives me crazy!

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
Im diggin the strike... pretty light, but tasty... very nice blend. cant wait to see how this steeps. Good work NT. Id like to see something a little bolder - like the switch. :)

3mm rxw, 24g, 2.5mm duals, 8 wrps, 0.34ohms, nuppin rda, woodvil...

xpl0it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Miami, FL
This is one NET that unfortunately turned out to be a disappointment. While not the worst in the industry it's certainly not something I would have expected to come from Nicoticket. At best it's a 7-10 split and at worst a gutter ball. Reminds me of my very first liquid (N**port) six years ago, from a company with 'wicked' in the name. Certainly should never have made it passed alpha testing.

I hope this is not a sign of what's to come for future NET offerings.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
This is one NET that unfortunately turned out to be a disappointment. While not the worst in the industry it's certainly not something I would have expected to come from Nicoticket. At best it's a 7-10 split and at worst a gutter ball. Reminds me of my very first liquid (N**port) six years ago, from a company with 'wicked' in the name. Certainly should never have made it passed alpha testing.

I hope this is not a sign of what's to come for future NET offerings.

Kent has talked about making it a higher pg liquid and of upping the flavor %. What he has up his sleeve, I am not sure. I do know that we all kicked ideas around about future offerings. I am in my own little R&D space working on a way to make NETs cleaner and playing around with my own flavors for myself. Sorry it missed for you brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread