4Nine from Fasttech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudd

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a 4Nine clone, Plume Veil, and Veritas (all clones) from fasttech.

Are they compatible? Is fast tech reliable? I'm in Malaysia so how long would it take to have it sent half a globe away?

Yes, yes, clones they are clones..... I'm on super low budget and went back to RYO for a bit now. (don't judge :()

Thanks in advance.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I'm generally pleased with what I buy from fasttech - both clones and authentics. And of course, the free shipping is a bonus. I am in Malta and get my stuff in 10 to 15 days. Malaysia is much closer so I didn't quite get that part about "half a globe away",. Judge? far from it! I joined ECF because there is no judgement. Divergent opinions yes and that makes it more fun - but judgment - good heavens no. If that started happening I would be the first to leave.

ETA - read the reviews, and more pertinently, read the discussions which can be much more insightful than the reviews. There might be more than one version of a clone and generally the discussions would lead you to the right choice.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Fasttech ships a lot of their product from China so it may not be half a globe away from you & could be a little quicker than USA shipping. They also carry pretty much every clone available for mods and atty's, so you could be fine as long as the clones you purchase got good reviews. Some clones have quality, some do not. I love the 4Nine mod, it's got an awesome button and direct to battery top. Can you send a link to the specific clones you're looking at?
As long as the cloned atty's you're thinking of have an adjustable positive center pin, you should be good to go with the 4Nine. Just be sure to have the positive contact backed out past the threading so you don't short your battery. Happy vaping!

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The 4nine has a hybrid 510 top cap, so I wouldn't use one if it was free!

The hybrid is a great concept, making it 510 compatible is a disaster looking for a victim.

Add:
    At least the Derringer has an extended center post, so it will be OK, but you're limited if you want to use anything else on the 4nine.

Last edited:
    Reactions: VHRB2014

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    I would caution you on using a Veritas with the a 4-nine unless you totally understand how they both work, and have confirmed that your Veritas`s center pin will not collapse upwards and create a short. The way the Veritas is made it is very easy to push the center pin up and ground out using any sort of direct connection battery system. I only use my Veritas clone on mods with center pins that once adjusted correctly will not move upwards.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!

The hybrid is a great concept, making it 510 compatible is a disaster looking for a victim.

Ha, ha. Once upon a time people thought that if you went over 20 miles an hour your skin would peel off, :?)

But I agree, it tends to work like a Darwinian lottery system, LOL.

Cloudd

ECF Veteran

Add:
    At least the Derringer has an extended center post, so it will be OK, but you're limited if you want to use anything else on the 4nine.

I'm not planning to change into anything else, just looking for that Ol' reliable setup. Not into: tanks, regulated, genny.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Derringer is made for hybrids I've heard? (also complaints about the hideous protruding pin that gets stuck on box mods)

Ya, there are some lousy center pins out there, but there are also some great ones. That's why it's always best to do your homework.

My center pins have never gotten stuck ;)
    P1000810_zps0b8810ca.jpg

Spencer87

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 24, 2014
    Jakarta- Indonesia
    It depends on the time you order and how long till it ships, and then what shipping method you use. I typically use singapore post. tends to be faster. But Im always getting stuff from there, RTA's RDA's And Mods, as well as tons of Drip tips. tons. Just bought some clapton coil spools.
    Usually takes 2 weeks from shipment date to get to Japan. But china is huge. For all i know Japan is same distance from the shipping place.

Cloudd

ECF Veteran
    It depends on the time you order and how long till it ships, and then what shipping method you use. I typically use singapore post. tends to be faster. But Im always getting stuff from there, RTA's RDA's And Mods, as well as tons of Drip tips. tons. Just bought some clapton coil spools.
    Usually takes 2 weeks from shipment date to get to Japan. But china is huge. For all i know Japan is same distance from the shipping place.

Japan is even closer to China than Malaysia is, just that if there's a transit at Singapore, that's another story.

Cloudd

ECF Veteran
    As long as you know how EXACTLY to use it (It will be UNFORGIVING!), the derringer / 4nine combo is a really nice setup. Its really hard for me to pick out my favorite, but that one would mostly likely be it.

Magnum rounds pepperbox gun. Small but overpowered

Papillon61

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2015
    Sunshine Isle
    I confirm, in person, all of the above. You can't use the 4Nine with anything you fancy. I confirm, also personally, that the Derringer is safe as would be the Dark Horse, Plume Veil and several other drippers. As for tanks you need to be very careful. Steer clear of all Kangers and Aspires, these last ones have spring loaded center pins which retract. I keep wondering why you are going for a 4Nine with so many other safer mods on Fasttech. Please be safe - I speak from experience - not the experience of prior knowledge but what comes from learning through one's mistakes.

Reactions: tj99959

Cloudd

ECF Veteran
    My rationale:
    1. It's cheap
    2. It's small
    3. It's very simple (less failure and less VD)
    4. Since simple, it should last
    5. (I hate tanks)

But well I've never ordered from FT (or overseas, for that matter), I'm not ready to toss hundreds in, just for an affordable tryout.

Thanks for confirming :)

Papillon61

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2015
    Sunshine Isle
    All the attributes you list apply equally so something like the Caravela which is just as beautiful and actually much cheaper than the 4Nine on Fasttech. - for the same price you can get a set of 3 in different sizes. And a Caravela or a Stingray or a King is much safer. Now if you specifically want a hybrid to eliminate voltage drop, that is a different matter. That's your own personal choice which I have no business interfering with in any way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread