PART 6 -The Official MyVapeJuice Family Room (Crazy Chit Chat Thread - Live LAUGH Love and Vape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
how do I find my IP address?
phomenumbas_zps329e17b1.jpg
I don't see its

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
how do I find my IP address?
Are you on the Mac?

EDIT: What are you looking for exactly, Max? Depending on your ISP, the IP address may be dynamic (changeable) or it could be static (always the same). I'm sure RD can explain it much better than I can.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
What you are trying to do with the info that your IP address gives you will make a lot of difference...

The link provided by Moonie will give you the IP your router has at this moment... call it your outside IP address.

Your router will then assign each computer you have hooked up to it their own ip address... call it your inside IP address if you will.

The following will help with some of it... 4 Ways to Find Your IP Address on a Mac - wikiHow

Typically there is little reason to know your IP unless you are going to do something a little more advanced like get a remote connection into your computer in order to remotely access/control it... in that case, you'd also need to setup your routers firewall to forward the request to your computer since it's usually set to block all access to your computer so someone can't hack your system. With some print sharing stuff, knowing what your internal ip address is handy so other computers could connect to it. So it depends on what you are trying to do... as to which ip you need to know and how to make it work as you'd want.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Speakin' of IP stuff.... I finally ordered a 720p WiFi IPCam for the house to replace my old USB cam ( that really wasn't made for use as a security cam )... should see it in about a week to 10 days... :)

81ey93hnClL._SL1500_.jpg

This would be one of the times that knowing the ip address of the camera would allow you to connect to it and view whatever it was pointed at... this one has tilt and pan available for remote control of it... or as I like to call it... tilt and boogy :D

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
This would be one of the times that knowing the ip address of the camera would allow you to connect to it and view whatever it was pointed at... this one has tilt and pan available for remote control of it... or as I like to call it... tilt and boogy :D

Nice RD, can you boogie it towards Florider so's we can remotely spy on that silly monkey? :confused:

Maxedout

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Arizona
Thank you everyone for the info!
I received this email and I'm sure it wasn't from my computer:
Dear Max,

Someone has tried to log into your account on ******** with an incorrect
password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to
login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address:

I put in the ******** :D

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Thank you everyone for the info!
I received this email and I'm sure it wasn't from my computer:
Dear Max,

Someone has tried to log into your account on ******** with an incorrect
password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to
login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address:

I put in the ******** :D

Ah... ok then you'll want to know what your external ip address is... ie use the link that Moonie gave you to find that

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok

I thought you'd replaced the captured spy frog with an updated version... ps, I think we need one for TX now but it needs to include an infrared and/or thermal capable camera since they have some sophisticated camouflage techniques deployed down there ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread