Status
Not open for further replies.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
I would definitely second the remove the charge board advise. there have been reports of them shorting to the 510 pin and causing fires and generally bad things.

pop off the battery cover and remove the batteries. Then use a 2mm hex key and remove the two screws. Cover lifts off. gently pull the charge board out. there are three wires coming off of it. one goes to the top of one of your battery connections, as your looking at the mod the battery closest to the fire button. clip that wire as close to the board as you can and cover with insulation. snip the remaining two wires close to the charge board and insulate their ends. toss the charge board into the neighbors lawn. make sure all the snipped connections are INSULATED and tuck them back into the body where they were. put the cover back on and reinstall the batteries. Vape on knowing that the pesky charge board will NOT short now.

Eventually I plan on pulling the main board out and desoldering the snipped wires and adding some potting material to fully insulate everything, but I just haven't gotten around to it just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread