• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ban on tobacco products fron Dec 15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakyairhead

May 3, 2015
I'm sorry lol...I'm just very appreciative to the 2 gentlemen for taking the time to write in. There is only so much the citizens can do in the face of the current gov so I honestly welcome it greatly.

The 2 are not just anybody. They are experts on British tobacco Policy. Lets see what replies they get. So so exciting!!! A glimmer of light at the end of this dark tunnel....

CrystalJeth

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2015
The 2 are not just anybody. They are experts on British tobacco Policy. Lets see what replies they get. So so exciting!!! A glimmer of light at the end of this dark tunnel....
Actually the online citizen is the only one who reported about this. Mainstream media here has pretty much ignored it.

carpetgrass

Jul 18, 2015
Singapore
newbie here. can't say i understand the law very much. but i am truly very puzzled by the whole ban. when i started smoking there were small packs. then the price just kept going up and the small pack disappeared. remember the official reason being to make it less accessible to underage smokers. then the price just keeps going up and up and up every year. can't argue much with that since it is a sin tax. but then now the ban is outright for other products, which ciggies clearly are worse.

well the conspiracy theorist in me is convinced it is all about the tax, much like online gaming

bah.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
My bottomline now is that I am already past the disappointment stage with our G. They wanna ban, increase price, whatsoever they can go ahead. Even if I can't vape, I will make sure I go through the pain of quitting smoking and make them earn lesser in cigs. Determination is the key.

Just imagine if half the smoking population here starts doing this right now and succeeds, just imagine, how regretful they would be to have been so stupid. They reap what they sow. They never think before they come up with something. Dumbasses sitting up there. Period.

carpetgrass

Jul 18, 2015
Singapore
well the fact is there ciggies are inelastic goods. smokers will still smoke regardless how much the price goes up. i am for one guilty of that. started out with 10 stick packs that cost $2++ only. Now the popular brand is close to $14.

well, one way to look at it is that quitting is for ourselves. that being said, quitting makes me highly irritable. hate that.

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Being who they are, they do what they do;) as far as I'm concern I do my own things.. In private, under radar.. It's not as if I'm doing white powder or arms dealing on the streets. Just dun walk around with a mod in ur hand and vape away in public or do a mass gathering to discuss gears and we should be fine for now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread