FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Well I didn't know Nissan even made Li-ion batteries :?:
I guess they make them for their cars.
But now Nissan is talking about closing it's Li-ion battery division and going with LG Chem.
Apparently LG makes a pretty good Li-ion battery for autos.

Looking at the pics of some of these batteries gave me a idea :?: Be Afraid be very Afraid :blink:
technav.jpg

I'm picturing a Flat Mod :ohmy: Like as in flat like smartphone flat :thumb:
using a battery like the ones in smartphones :?:

lgbattery.jpg

It would be like a really skinny Billet Box with the tank built inside.

And now LG has a battery that can bend and flex for their LG G Flex Smartphone,
we could have a mod that flexes too :blink:

LG-G-Flex-Smartphone-Now-Available-for-Pre-Order-1.jpg

LG G Flex Smartphone Released LG G Flex G Flex, LG, Smartphone

I need to find something to do today, I got way to much time on my hands :facepalm:

Reactions: ENAUD

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Anybody here have a ProVari Pass-thru ??? I have one coming from a ProVari lot I snagged in the classies. Just curious what you think if you have one.
I was going to get one to use in my car because of some of the long trips I take, but never got around to getting one :(

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I was going to get one to use in my car because of some of the long trips I take, but never got around to getting one :(
I am thinking of keeping it by the computer with a dedicated ProVari, to save some use on my batteries. Good idea for the long car trip thing though, wouldn't have to worry about swapping batteries, just load a bunch of tanks and switch them out :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I recall someone getting one, but not liking it because, if I recall right, it sticks straight out the end, and they couldn't "stand up" the 'vari anymore...they were hoping it would, maybe thinking that the ProVape stand would have a slot for it or something. If you lie your ProVari down anyway, then it might work out fine!

I am thinking of keeping it by the computer with a dedicated ProVari, to save some use on my batteries. Good idea for the long car trip thing though, wouldn't have to worry about swapping batteries, just load a bunch of tanks and switch them out :)

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
That is what Sony said - about a year ago.
But a few weeks ago, RTD, Illumn, Orbtronix, VaporDNA, IMRbatteries, Kidneypuncher, Sun-Vapers - pretty much every vendor we trust for batteries - they all started carrying VTC5's again.

A couple of them (Kidneypuncher and Orbtronic) specifically state that they tested to verify before carrying them, and a couple of them were the same vendors instrumental in helping people identify fakes during the past year...

Sony does not make them anymore. They may be legit vtc's, either from Sonys' old 2010ish inventory or they may be made by another company outsourced. If one comes across Actual Sony vtc 4-5, they are at least 4yrs old batts.

Last edited:

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
First I would to say that Orbtronic it's self is selling what they say are Genuine Sony VTC5
Sony VTC5 30A 18650 Authentic High Drain 2600mAh rechargeable battery 3.7V
So this isn't a local B&M or some eBay seller this is a major company that who claims they tested these batteries to make sure they were real.
Besides the Orbtronic and Sony batteries they also sale LG, Panasonic, and Samsung's.
18650 Battery Li-ion rechargeable protected | unprotected cells

Now when people ran out of the Sony batteries a lot turned to Orbtronic IMR 18650 SX30 30A and from what I read and was told they were just as good as the Sony VTC5.
High Drain IMR 18650 Battery 30A Orbtronic SX30 rechargeable Li-ion Li-Mn

Another plus in my book is they got a office and or maybe a outlet/factory in Pinellas Park, FL USA.
I did try use Google Earth and could not find their building at 7780 49th Street North [HASHTAG]#150[/HASHTAG] Pinellas Park, FL USA :(
I'm thinking they would have a lot more to lose, or easier to take to court, if they sold fake batteries that would vent and hurt someone.

Orbtronic advertises Panasonic inside on some of their batteries.
Which in some cases Panasonic didn't make a flat top battery so Orbtronic took the core that would normally be in a Panasonic button top and put it in a flat top and put their name on it.

Well anyways the main 30A batteries besides Sony are Samsung, LG, Panasonic, and Orbtronic which are all pretty good batteries.
And, to me, since these new VTC5's are passing everyone's test,
I figure the worst case scenario is that someone is using a 30A out of one of them names and putting a Sony label on it. :?:
Orbtronic is selling the Sony's for just $1 more then their own battery.

My opinion is, as long as you trust the person or vendor selling the battery and don't mind paying a dollar or two more just for the name Sony on a label,
I figure they are a truly good 2100mAh to 2600mAh 30A batteries :)

Last edited:

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I figure they are a truly good 2100mAh to 2600mAh 30A batteries
My reason for saying 2100mAh to 2600mAh is if someone is using another 30A battery and putting a Sony label on it then it might not be 2600mAh.
Sony VTC5 is a 2600mAH
Sony VTC4 is a 2100mAh
Orbtronic SX30 is a 2100mAh
LG is a 2500mAh
Samsung 30A is a 3000mAh so I doubt they would relabel them.
There's also the EFAN Gold 30A 2600mAh IMR 18650 battery :?: whose specs look a lot like the VTC5
Gold Efan IMR 18650 2600mAh 30A LiMn high drain battery flat top-Shenzhen Yifang Technology Co., Ltd
43c830e0871a939c81494b499f79d7d6.jpg

And the MXJO IMR 18650F 2500MAH 35A which I also have heard and read good things about their batteries :)
I seen these sale for as low as $11 for a pair on Amazon :ohmy:
MXJO IMR 18650F 2500MAH 35A 3.7V Flat Top High Drain Battery [ID#02] - $6.45 : MXJO Online Store

ID6.jpg

I figure as long as these new Sony's are not re-wrapped Efest then people should be fine :facepalm:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Those Eizfan's say "PULSE discharge 30 Amps", then it says in its specs it's a 25 Amp battery. Surprisingly, Flashlight information says they tested pretty good.

The MXJO, most people say it's a rewrapped LG.

Here's a runtime comparison Orbtronic did.

vtc5-4.gif

Aw, heck with it - I say, just pick a pretty color and go with it.

gallery_of_batteries_1024x1024.jpg

My reason for saying 2100mAh to 2600mAh is if someone is using another 30A battery and putting a Sony label on it then it might not be 2600mAh.
Sony VTC5 is a 2600mAH
Sony VTC4 is a 2100mAh
Orbtronic SX30 is a 2100mAh
LG is a 2500mAh
Samsung 30A is a 3000mAh so I doubt they would relabel them.
There's also the EFAN Gold 30A 2600mAh IMR 18650 battery :?: whose specs look a lot like the VTC5
Gold Efan IMR 18650 2600mAh 30A LiMn high drain battery flat top-Shenzhen Yifang Technology Co., Ltd
43c830e0871a939c81494b499f79d7d6.jpg

And the MXJO IMR 18650F 2500MAH 35A which I also have heard and read good things about their batteries :)
I seen these sale for as low as $11 for a pair on Amazon :ohmy:
MXJO IMR 18650F 2500MAH 35A 3.7V Flat Top High Drain Battery [ID#02] - $6.45 : MXJO Online Store

ID6.jpg

I figure as long as these new Sony's are not re-wrapped Efest then people should be fine :facepalm:

Reactions: FringeChief68

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yes, the INR 25-R is a great battery ($5 at illumn), and the new ones are green. That's mostly what I use (not the button top though).

DSC_8644.jpg

25rb_1024x1024.jpg

I like these! Now I think they are changing the wrapper color? Anywhoo, got six last week and checked voltage and put them away for a while :)

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
So I am really liking the Cool Fire IV :)
I only had it a few hours but it hasn't left my hand since I got it going.
Unless it goes kaput in a few days this would be my suggestion to anyone that wants a cheap or back up mod.
Cheap as in $34.19 @ VaporDNA with coupon code VC10
I got mine at MVS for $37.95

Now the iSub G tank :unsure: Great tank, taste and hit is great, when it's not given you dry hits :facepalm:
Coil, just like GrimmGreen said, is packed WAY to hard :( I couldn't even break it lose with a toothpick I had to use a little metal screwdriver to loosen it up :facepalm:
I had about 1/4 tank and started getting dry hits and pulled the coil and the cotton was pretty much dry :ohmy:
I loosened up the cotton a little more and filled the tank and it works great again.
Now this probably wouldn't even be a problem for the occasional vape. I chain Vape :facepalm:
And if you close the air flow a little to force more juice and less air you can avoid the dry hits too.

Getting a sub tank from $10 to $20 is still a great deal, but I wouldn't suggest this tank to a new vaper that would have no clue what I meant by loosening up the cotton. :unsure:

Reactions: xstitch

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
The MXJO, most people say it's a rewrapped LG.
When I hear re-wrapped I think of someone trying to pawn off a cheap battery as a better more expensive battery.
I have heard that before but I find it hard to believe that a company would re-wrap a LG battery then sale it $2 to $3 cheaper than LG :?:
Maybe LG makes them and has a deal that allows MXJO to put there name on them and sale them cheaper.
LG is a South Korea company and MXJO is out of Shenzhen ,China.
LG is pretty much into everything but MXJO is all about Vaping products.
So I wouldn't be surprised if MXJO was owned by LG some how and MXJO was a way for LG to get into the Vaping industry without putting the LG name at risk with the haters. :glare:

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Those Eizfan's say "PULSE discharge 30 Amps", then it says in its specs it's a 25 Amp battery.
I see a lot of that, different ads for batteries that say 30A but when you look at the specs it says 20A.
Then you have some that say this;
Max.Continuous Discharge Current: 20A
Max.Plus Discharge Current: 30A
Now would that be considered a 20A or a 30A battery :?:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I see a lot of that, different ads for batteries that say 30A but when you look at the specs it says 20A.
Then you have some that say this;
Max.Continuous Discharge Current: 20A
Max.Plus Discharge Current: 30A
Now would that be considered a 20A or a 30A battery :?:
I think the whole "pulse rated " thing I a bunch of BS made up by the vaping crowd. I would never trust it.

I've got AW, Orbotronic 30's and those blue Sammies I linked, the blue Sammies hit harder and longer on my non-regulated devices. The buttons are spot welded on, just like the AW's I have dissected, but they have a wider button protrusion than the AW's. I don't use them in my ProVari's.

Reactions: FringeChief68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread